Texas Fishing Forum

Nice Cedar Creek crappie

Posted By: jp24

Nice Cedar Creek crappie - 08/29/16 01:15 AM

Been fortunate to spend a lot of time finding and fishing brush piles the past couple weeks at CC. Most outings, which usually run 2-5 hours, I'll catch 15-30 crappie, with 5-8 keepers. LOTS of dinks! This morning I slept in and hit it at 10:30. Beautiful day. Very slight breeze, overcast sky.

Found that perfect visual on structure scan -- crappie thick on structure right under shad.

Bite was on from the first cast. Boated 8 good keepers in three hours, and threw back probably 30 small ones. The FUN one was this beauty. I'll get better at photos, but it was 16 inches. First time I've had to grab the net.

Most days I've caught them in 21 FOW, near the bottom, but sometimes suspended at 10 feet. The school I found today was in 10 FOW, and I caught most within two feet of the bottom. Chartreuse and white Rocky Tops on 1/4 ounce jig was the consistent producer.

Thumped it HARD, and ended up with the hook right there in the top of the mouth. I can't WAIT 'til they begin to move shallow.

Can someone tell me ... at what water temp will they begin to move to the docks and shallower water?

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Nice Cedar Creek crappie - 08/29/16 02:00 AM

Nice fish and post. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum