Texas Fishing Forum

Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct

Posted By: BeardedBanker

Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 08/26/16 04:04 PM

Me and a buddy want to take our kids on a fishing trip in October. What lake and guides for that lake would you recommend?
Thanks
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 08/26/16 04:13 PM

Depends on where ya wana fish...

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 08/26/16 06:58 PM

Not too picky. Anywhere in East Texas.
Posted By: Chris H2Os

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 08/26/16 07:33 PM

3 Nails at Lake Fork or Lake Palestine.

Mark at 3 Nails
Posted By: Laner

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 08/26/16 07:35 PM

For October, Cedar Creek will be tough to beat as far as numbers and quality goes. I suggest you book a trip with Chris Webb's Guide Service. I guided alongside Chris for over five years, and for kids, this is your guy. His number is 903-275-3253. You can also find him on Facebook and Instagram, if you want to see the kind of numbers he's pulling right now.

There are a ton of great guides in east Texas, but for kids, I would go with Chris Webb every single time.

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 08/26/16 08:26 PM

Thanks guys!
Posted By: (Downwind Guide Service )

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 08/26/16 08:47 PM

In case you might wanna head to some North Texas Lakes. I have some open spots. You can check us out on the ol inter web @ downwindguideservice.com. We'd love to have ya! But for East Texas lakes my X2 vote goes to Chris Webb at Chris webb's Guide Service.

Tight Lines and catch mess'
Kevin McCullough
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 08/26/16 09:09 PM

Mark with 3 Nails Guide Service is really good. He does a great job with kids cause he takes his kids out on plenty of trips.
Chris Webb is very good also.
Won't go wrong with either one.
Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 08/26/16 09:15 PM

East Texas lakes with Mark Standridge is hard to beat. He's a great guide and a great guy. Good luck!
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 08/26/16 10:41 PM

Thanks guys for the support
Posted By: AustinS

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 08/26/16 11:16 PM

This is the only guided freshwater trip I've ever been on but I was really impressed with Mark. That would be my recommendation.

Originally Posted By: Chris H2Os

Mark at 3 Nails
Posted By: crope1

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 09/06/16 06:53 AM

Looking forward to fishing with Mark....I'd also add Jason Burton,he fishes Palestine and can put you on fish.Good luck with whomever you decide to go with.
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 09/07/16 11:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris H2Os

Mark at 3 Nails

This! Plus you have a chance of getting a free mount if one of you catch the biggest crappie fishing with Mark between now and December 31st! That is a huge plus!
Posted By: lmbr

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 09/07/16 07:26 PM

I agree with several of the posts above. Mark Standridge took my grandson (who had never crappie fished) and I out and I couldn't have picked a better guide. He was very patient in instructing and encouraging my grandson. Plus he put us on fish and we caught 38 keepers. Good day with a good man. hooked
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 09/08/16 12:43 AM

My North Texas Crappie Dream Team: (In no particular order)

Mark Standridge, Chris Webb, Jason Burton, G3 Bassbarge at Fork, Todd and Belinda Box, Cody Tucker, Lane Palmer, Chuck Rollins, Ernest Patty, Keyboard, Bladeslinger, Tommy Ezell, Fishing Farmer, Ken Gaby, Matt Carroll, Mr. Crappie himself, JD Slabslayer, Kyron, Kenny, Griff, Ronnie (Crope1), Bobcat, Shut Up and Fish, SheCrappieKiller, Chris Waters, Squeaky and of course...Dutch and myself. banana

All previous recommendations a giant two thumbs up!

Good Luck!!!
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 09/08/16 01:23 AM

Say when!
Posted By: 9094

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 09/08/16 02:42 AM

Ray Roberts or Fork with Cody Tucker.
Posted By: camoriver

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 09/09/16 02:14 AM

Love to have you come fish with me on Lake Sam Rayburn. Check out my website at www.camoriverguideservice.com
Not only do I clean and bag your fish. I video your fishing trip, edit it into good action footage, download it into YouTube, and then e-mail you the link so you can show to your friends and family.
But more importantly you will be preserving memories. Your kids could be showing that video to their kids some day!
Think about that! Go to website above and facebook and see examples of video. I think you'll be impressed.

Greg Fenn
Camoriver Guide Service
Lake Sam Rayburn
Posted By: Nole

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 09/09/16 03:12 AM

I am looking for a good crappie lake in east Texas (3-4 hour drive from Fort Worth). I am interested in looking for buying a cabin/house for part time living. Prices are quite expensive closer to Dallas. I was looking at Lake Palestine. Is this a good choice that will get me out of the winds of central and west Texas, has a healthy crappie population and is somewhat affordable. Your advice would be appreciated.
Posted By: Bubba Broadus

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 09/09/16 06:19 AM

I'm here on lake murvaul. Will be glad to take you out. Give me a holler. https://www.facebook.com/spiritjigs/posts/328567034157384:0
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Recommended Lake and Guide in Oct - 09/11/16 04:20 PM

G3 Bassbarge at Fork, give Seth a call. fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum