Texas Fishing Forum

Mr.slewfoot

Posted By: DavisGuideService

Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 01:13 AM

My hat is off to you and your partners, you guys have completely destroyed D2 this year. I'm not sure how yall do it , must be some sort of Cajun voodoo spell you've cast on them crappie stir
Anyway congrats there have been some very tough condition this year and y'all pulled it out over and over again thumb
Posted By: AustinS

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 01:38 AM

I've thought about tying some chicken bones up in my jigs, ha.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 01:57 AM

I thought he was just lucky for the first 19 tournaments that he won.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 02:15 AM

Haha!! Thanks! I will take lucky!! Couple tourneys I felt real good about. And a couple we left the house saying lets just catch a keeper and keep it alive all day and get some points and move on to the next one! When I saw the schedule I wasn't looking forward to the year but I was looking forward to Texoma. Always wanted to fish that lake. Tawakoni was a nice surprise too. We caught probably 100 fish Sat and cleaned 40 keepers and that's the worst trip I've had there Never been on that lake till 2 weeks ago. Can't wait to go back again!!

Clay and I fish pretty good together. We will make a plan and both put our time and work in to find fish or make em a home. I've had some pretty good teachers over the years too. I smile thinking about little man. He's gonna be a beast in Jr Angler the next 10 years or however long he can fish if. He might of had a weight fish at Tawakoni but he no doubt caught the pig at Texoma!! Been waiting on him to do that all year!! He smokes me at Fork all the time!!

Austin!! Use Popeyes dark meat spicy!!! food
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 03:24 AM

This Slewfoot I need to meet sometime. He has to have some kinda sumpin sumpin he does diffurnt. At least he will be D1 next year. Maybe I might want to get Net Girl to try win a few Tourneys for us. I'm her guide ya know. Pass on them secrets Slewfoot. fish
Posted By: crope1

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 03:38 AM

met Clay for a brief moment at last years GTG,good folks. Now Slewfoot and my buddy little man,were nice enough to take AJ and myself on an outing right before i had my surgery.GOOD people all around! Looks like i need to take better notes next time,didn't know he was that kinda hardcore crappie fisherman,lol! Thanks again guys for the trip.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 12:04 PM

Huge Congrats to them both. They were one point away from a perfect season.

I am gonna have to camo my boat so I can follow them around Lewisville in October. peep
Posted By: The Crappie Guy

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 12:07 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Todd and Clay ended the year ONE POINT shy of a perfect season. That has never before been done in a CAT tournament season. Voodoo, luck, or just pretty dang good, these boys can fish. Of course, they had Little Man coaching them this year so they owe it all to him, but I'm thinking I'll make him an offer he can't refuse to fish with me next year. It's gonna be fun watching these two next year in D1 bolt
Posted By: ATM97

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
And a couple we left the house saying lets just catch a keeper and keep it alive all day and get some points and move on to the next one!

If you believe this then he already has you fooled. He is a sand bagger for sure, but then again he is from Louisiana.

In all seriousness though, having only fished with him a handful of times, he completely changed our perspective on what is possible crappie fishing. The guy is a machine. My goal is to one day be able to fish next to him and not feel like I am still a beginner.

Congrats on all the wins this year Todd, Clay and Langdon!
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 12:56 PM

They get one drop. Perfect season score was accomplished.Congrats fellas! bannana2
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 01:22 PM

Not only can he catch em, he can cook em up about as good as I have ever tasted. My wife has tried to duplicate his recipe. I will deny posting this but they don't taste as good as his food Congratulations Todd, great job. We need to get together and fish one of these days.
Posted By: fish n fool

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 01:31 PM

Congratulations Todd what a great year. You told me you would be spending all your extra time on Tawokani an it paid off for sure.
Posted By: Cowboytex

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 02:31 PM

Way to go Todd! Incredible season! thumb
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Tommy Ezell
They get one drop. Perfect season score was accomplished.Congrats fellas! bannana2

Thats how I'm looking at it!!! 600 is six hunnert!!! bannana2

Only lake we felt good about before prefishing was Palestine. I had fished Cooper prolly 10-12 years ago but not in a long time. That's actually where a buddy took me for the first time and we had a cooler full of slabs and the sickness started! That was 2001 I think. Bass rods have collected dust ever since. nuts
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 05:12 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
Originally Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Thats how I'm looking at it!!! 600 is six hunnert!!! bannana2

Only lake we felt good about before prefishing was Palestine. I had fished Cooper prolly 10-12 years ago but not in a long time. That's actually where a buddy took me for the first time and we had a cooler full of slabs and the sickness started! That was 2001 I think. Bass rods have collected dust ever since. nuts
6 nunnert is 6 hunnert no matter how you slice it. Awesome!
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/23/16 05:41 PM

Way to go guys! That's awesome. I hope we can fish more than two tourney's next year. I miss seeing y'all.
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/24/16 01:43 AM

I can't wait for my son to be able to fish with me he already loves the outdoors, see y'all at the tscc cheers
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Mr.slewfoot - 08/24/16 01:15 PM

Hell of year fellas...tell lil man its time to show the big boys(D1) how it's really done thumb thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum