Texas Fishing Forum

And this concludes today's seminar.....

Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/18/16 09:41 PM

My My My how things have progressed...

Bill Dance

Back before computer animations, we would just point out the prime spots and then show the best lures.
Check out the shag carpet!
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/18/16 10:12 PM

Back in my Bass club days in the 70's, Whoever won their monthly tournament, would get up in front of the club with a map of the lake, show what area and what they caught them on. BTW I had a tackle box like that also! Those were the days!
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/18/16 11:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger-188-2007
Back in my Bass club days in the 70's, Whoever won their monthly tournament, would get up in front of the club with a map of the lake, show what area and what they caught them on. BTW I had a tackle box like that also! Those were the days!

I also had one of those tackle boxes. If some of the guys in my old club got up and showed us where they caught their fish, I would go look in the opposit direction grin
One day after a tournament, I heard the winner tell three different guys three different stories.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/18/16 11:05 PM

Times have changed! Still love the Good Old Days! thumb
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/18/16 11:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Hickory Nut

I also had one of those tackle boxes. If some of the guys in my old club got up and showed us where they caught their fish, I would go look in the opposit direction grin
One day after a tournament, I heard the winner tell three different guys three different stories.
Were they from Wichita Falls Joe?? I could sure believe that. Back in the old Northwest Texas Field and Stream BASS club days that was the case for sure.

I still have my old back patch we wore back then. My Dad's is underneath this one.

Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/19/16 01:17 AM

I still have one of those old Kennedy boxes that was my dad's. It's full of lures. Bottom section is all lures that have never been opened.
Thanks for the pic...brought back some good memories.

Gman
Posted By: Gmann

Re: And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/19/16 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
Originally Posted By: Hickory Nut

Were they from Wichita Falls Joe?? I could sure believe that. Back in the old Northwest Texas Field and Stream BASS club days that was the case for sure.

I still have my old back patch we wore back then. My Dad's is underneath this one.

I still have a lot of my dad's patches from his bass club and state tournaments. Very cool and his look a lot like this one, only we were in Louisiana.
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/19/16 05:07 PM

It was Wichita Falls. I found one patch but couldn't find the field and stream one.

Dang I'm getting old.
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/19/16 05:10 PM

The ones you have I can't find. Ha! You'll remember Johnny Jones. CL Browning "Brownie" Bill Neely. maybe my dad Bob Barnett. I want to say Mr Ragland also maybe??
Posted By: rockhopper

Re: And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/20/16 02:25 AM

Why is it that a whole lot of us bass fishermen became crappie fishermen in our old age? hmmm
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/20/16 11:23 PM

You have seen the light!
Posted By: HV Lurenut

Re: And this concludes today's seminar..... - 08/21/16 03:33 AM

Hang on to those old lures. Some are quite valuable to crazy lure collector's. Especially those

in the box. Would trade you a lot of new plastic jigs for some of those old nasty wood ones.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum