Texas Fishing Forum

Mixing Sacrete?

Posted By: Spiderman

Mixing Sacrete? - 08/11/16 07:08 PM

Thinking about building some more bamboo tops.

What is the easiest way to mix 60lbs of sacrete in a 5 gallon bucket?
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Mixing Sacrete? - 08/11/16 07:21 PM

Get one of the big mixing bits for a drill. It will mix 60 lbs in about 10 seconds.
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Mixing Sacrete? - 08/11/16 07:41 PM

I don't bother to mix it. Just pour it into a bucket with your pvc, boo, whatever and fill it with water. When it quits sucking in the water, you're good.
Posted By: TexExp

Re: Mixing Sacrete? - 08/11/16 08:01 PM

Yep, or just stir it with a big stick as you pour it in.
Let it set up a while and you're good to go
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Mixing Sacrete? - 08/11/16 08:11 PM

Originally Posted By: BlueNitro
I don't bother to mix it. Just pour it into a bucket with your pvc, boo, whatever and fill it with water. When it quits sucking in the water, you're good.
Ding Ding Ding
Posted By: CCBIRDDOGMAN

Re: Mixing Sacrete? - 08/11/16 08:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Bobcat1
Ding Ding Ding

Yup I fill bucket about 1/3 full with dry sackcrete, cram some boo stalks in and then fill with dry sackcrete & turn water hose on. No mixing at all.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Mixing Sacrete? - 08/11/16 10:59 PM

Let someone else do it
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Mixing Sacrete? - 08/11/16 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: river-rat
Let someone else do it

Funny you say that, since I bought an 1199 that sums up what I have been doing. I used to build 40 bamboo tops every year, made it really easy to produce limits when others were catching a few.

But sometimes still I will catch a couple of big crappie in a spot & think boy if there was some cover here this could be a jam up spot.
Posted By: pepop

Re: Mixing Sacrete? - 08/12/16 01:02 AM

Actually, IMHO doing it backwards is best! I put 2+ gallons of water in a bucket and then slowly pour secrete into the water. If you want concrete up to a certain level' ion the bucket you can drill holes in the bucket at the level you wish. The Sacrete will displace the excess water and once you've poured Sacrete in To displace water at the level that you drilled the holes, stop and arranger your "boo or Willow or whatever, then allow the concrete to set up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum