Texas Fishing Forum

Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today

Posted By: Jacob

Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/29/16 09:44 PM

Since Murvaul was DEAD yesterday, we went to Naconiche this morning to see if the fish were biting there. I got an early start and George (Ranger-188-2007) met me at the dock at 9. We fished LOTS of timber today and found one pocket that was holding almost all the fish. It was in about 10 FOW and we were catching them about 6-9ft down on pearltruse slab bandits. I'm ashamed to say that I lost a lot of keepers right at the boat. At least 8 mad Finally George convinced me that the net in my rod locker was actually invented to remedy that problem. Finished the day with 20 keepers in the box. Still can't beat the color of these crappie!

Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/29/16 09:58 PM

Oh I thought we were on Murvaul! It was nice to see some deep drops with structure for once. Only thing is should have got the net out sooner!
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/29/16 09:59 PM

Nice mess of fish. Glad you found them. My last trip to Naconiche was a bass bonanza.
Posted By: Jacob

Re: Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/29/16 10:01 PM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
Nice mess of fish. Glad you found them. My last trip to Naconiche was a bass bonanza.

We never caught a bass. Never saw them schooling either which is strange for that lake!
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/29/16 10:48 PM

Would have had another 10lbs of fillets if I wasn't so slow getting the net for Jacob!
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/29/16 10:59 PM

Good job guys
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/29/16 11:20 PM

Nice fish! thumb
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/29/16 11:43 PM

Good deal!
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/30/16 01:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Would have had another 10lbs of fillets if I wasn't so slow getting the net for Jacob!

roflmao I probably shouldn't laugh...I'll lose several too before I'll drag that net out....I'm gonna laugh anyway roflmao
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/30/16 01:10 AM

thumb
Posted By: AustinS

Re: Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/30/16 03:09 AM

Nice! Gonna have to check that lake out soon. Never been there.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Redeemed ourselves at Naconiche today - 07/30/16 01:48 PM

Had to do the double Ironing Board trick clap
Nice Slabs Jacob thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum