Tying up to bridge

Posted By: skeeter84

Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 02:27 PM

Is it illegal to tie up under bridge?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 02:41 PM

It's the Law

Homeland Security Restrictions

Recreational boaters have a role in keeping our waterways safe and secure.

Observe and avoid all security zones, including restricted areas near dams, power plants, etc. Do not stop or anchor beneath bridges or in the channel. Violators can expect a swift and severe response.

That said, I regularly fish, and see other fish under bridges and have never been questioned, or asked to leave by a LEO.
Posted By: where's my bobber?

Re: Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 03:03 PM

The only place I fish in the summer is under the bridges. It's from a tube though, so no need for tying up or anchoring. There's always several boats tied up under them as well and no one has ever stopped to make anyone move or write tickets.
Posted By: Buzzard Breath

Re: Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 03:11 PM

it's also illegal to hijack planes and fly them into buildings...so much for the law.

Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 03:15 PM

Seems like everything is illegal in America. I tie to bridges all the time. Never had any warden or anyone else say anything about it.

I always thought a better plan than strip searching old ladies and kids would be to just give everyone on a plane a Ball Peen hammer. I think it would be mighty hard to take over a plane with a pair of box cutters with a couple hundred scared angry passengers with hammers.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 04:32 PM

""Violators can expect a swift and severe response."""

what are they going to do, break your poles in half, throw you crappie nibbles overboard and take your fishing license? eeks
Posted By: Jeezy

Re: Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 05:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman

It's the Law

Homeland Security Restrictions

Recreational boaters have a role in keeping our waterways safe and secure.

Observe and avoid all security zones, including restricted areas near dams, power plants, etc. Do not stop or anchor beneath bridges or in the channel. Violators can expect a swift and severe response.

That said, I regularly fish, and see other fish under bridges and have never been questioned, or asked to leave by a LEO.

There's a chance I'm wrong but the way that's written it seems more applicable to waters used as transportation, not lakes. I can't think of a scenario in which a boat tied to a bridge piling on a lake in any way affects the progress of any other vessel.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 07:08 PM

It seems I remember the toll tag people tried to get enforcement to stop people from fishing under the new LL bridge. As with any public water they were quickly shot down.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 07:12 PM

I am definitely going to make some citizens arrests this weekend.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 08:19 PM

I was fishing the 720 bridge on Lewisville and saw the warden do full checks on the two boats tied to the pilings. He never jacked with me as I was using my trolling motor to fish the pilings and not tied up to the bridge.
Posted By: Davedave

Re: Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 08:26 PM

Originally Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

I was fishing the 720 bridge on Lewisville and saw the warden do full checks on the two boats tied to the pilings. He never jacked with me as I was using my trolling motor to fish the pilings and not tied up to the bridge.

Speaking of this, I love my Xi5, but that is one problem it has, bridges. I tried to camp out under one the other day, and it freaked out trying to find a signal.
Posted By: tin man 55

Re: Tying up to bridge - 07/29/16 08:39 PM

I had the same issue with my terrova with I-pilot. dummie me, I couldn't figure out why this great new trolling motor wouldn't keep me under that bridge in the shade like I wanted it to. finally dawned on me that the gps needs a clear few of the sky; felt really stupid!!
Posted By: BigTex1959

Re: Tying up to bridge - 08/04/16 11:03 AM

I think they should think of us fisherman and put I Bolts in them we can tie up too , Damn I must be dreaming again.
Posted By: where's my bobber?

Re: Tying up to bridge - 08/04/16 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: BigTex1959
I think they should think of us fisherman and put I Bolts in them we can tie up too , Damn I must be dreaming again.

+1
Posted By: Longeye

Re: Tying up to bridge - 08/04/16 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: where's my bobber?

+1

It's not hard to put a rope around a pillar, just takes a little thinking.....
Posted By: chickenman

Re: Tying up to bridge - 08/04/16 04:41 PM

Recently, two wardens had driven past me on two different days under the same bridge. They never stopped to say anything. On one of those days, I was hoping they would stop and check me because it was one of the fews times that I had several big crappie. grin
Posted By: cleve

Re: Tying up to bridge - 08/04/16 07:50 PM

I have tied up under bridges for years and never had a problem.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Tying up to bridge - 08/05/16 04:41 AM

I've thought about installing some.

peep
Posted By: j.steve

Re: Tying up to bridge - 08/10/16 03:51 AM

cordless hammer drill +

Hunting season coming up. Not many fish at night then. Just sayin.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum