Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts the last few days

Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors

Ray Roberts the last few days - 07/26/16 09:19 PM

Well the fishing has been steady! Which is a good thing! Most trips we are hauling in 25-45 keepers. Plus all the little ones. I'll say this, the bigger fish are eating jigs. Minnows catch everything, but if you're looking to catch the big ones, put on a brush glider. They have been great every day! Depths have varied, and I do believe that knowledge of the lake separates different anglers right now. I'm catching fish in 12 ft of water on the bottom, 20 ft of water 16 ft down, and 28 ft of water close to the bottom. It doesn't make much sense, but that's how it is. I really do feel like you can catch fish at nearly any depth within reason now. Fishing every tree fast will make a difference in your numbers. No bite, move! Yesterday, I had to turn down a couple of trips because it was my little ones birthday. He turned 4 and all he wanted to do was go crappie fishing.... So that's what we did! We had a great morning and had 6 or 7 really big ones plus some nice keepers.

This weekend is the first weekend I've had open in a few months. I don't do working mans trips on weekends but anyone looking for a half day trip Friday-Sunday, message me. I can make it happen this time! Here's some pics from the last few days plus my birthday boy Mason!
Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors

Re: Ray Roberts the last few days - 07/26/16 09:20 PM

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Ray Roberts the last few days - 07/27/16 12:12 AM

thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Ray Roberts the last few days - 07/27/16 01:19 AM

Nice fish and post! Good job. thumb
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Ray Roberts the last few days - 07/27/16 04:26 PM

Nice water looks bout like glass, keep ripp'n em.
Posted By: Squeaky

Re: Ray Roberts the last few days - 07/27/16 05:14 PM

Awesome!
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Ray Roberts the last few days - 07/27/16 10:37 PM

Great Job Cody!!
Posted By: Bobcat1

Re: Ray Roberts the last few days - 07/28/16 12:07 AM

Nice fish! cheers
Posted By: Sacalait Slayer

Re: Ray Roberts the last few days - 07/28/16 12:12 PM

Man, your boy looks like you. Good job teaching him teaching how to catch some slabs.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Ray Roberts the last few days - 07/28/16 05:55 PM

Heck,I'm cheering for Mason!
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Ray Roberts the last few days - 07/28/16 06:55 PM

clap
thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum