Texas Fishing Forum

Fork this week

Posted By: tboxfish

Fork this week - 07/25/16 01:35 AM

Monday 7-18-16
Belinda & I had planned to be on the water at 1st light, but I left my phone (Alarm), in the living room, so we didn't get on the water till 7 loco

Caught a nice Black on my 1st drop banana

That spot played out pretty quick, graphed some more areas, then found fish on some, not what I would call laydowns, but rather layovers.
The root ball of the tree is in buried in the lake floor, but the tree itself leans over and the branches make a big ball from the bottom up to around 10' down.
Belinda & I both stuck some nice fish there clap

Once the bite slowed, I told Belinda there's another tree just like this one about 5-6 hundred yds from here.
Belinda promptly replied, "What cha waiting on!"

Once I graphed past the tree, I could see the fish were in it thick about 12-15' down cheers
I stuck BFOD there hooked

When the bite started slowing, we had what I thought was enough to clean, so I told Belinda,
"I know another tree in Birch that is just like these last 2"
I didn't have to twist her arm roflmao

We didn't keep any fish from the last tree, but we stuck quite few!
Loaded the boat just after noon bolt

23 for the freezer food

Wednesday 7-21-16
By noon I was restless, at 2pm I told Belinda I just can't stand it anymore, you wanna go.....to my surprise, she said "No" hmmm

As soon as I got to where I wanted to fish, I dropped a bouy on a bp, then finished getting the boat ready........
I had drifted off approx. 50yds and on my way to my bouy, I saw 3 stumps that had a big WHITE ball midways up noidea
I thought to myself, it was to large to be a school of crappie, but it was too WHITE to be a wad of shad.
I almost pasted it up till I remembered seeing the same thing in Big Mustang 2 years ago and yanking fish after fish out from there hooked
Dropped my jig down 14' and THUMP
It was on banana

Here a fish

There a fish

Here's a picture of the 360 with the 3 trees on the top of the arch, the white spots are fish.
I took this picture after I had yanked around 15 off the trees...wished I'd of done it sooner

1st fish stuck at 3pm, Limit in the box at 6pm from the same spot and the same jig body still in use clap

Saturday 7-23-16
Belinda & I took a neighbor, Ben, out that said he wanted some fish for the freezer.
I had trouble finding a big concentration of fish till later on in the day.......
And wouldn't you know it, they were in another submerged treetop of another leaning tree I had marked... This one courtesy of HN flehan

Here's a picture of the leaning tree on the 360

And most importantly of all, after about 2 months, Belinda was able to reclaim her rightful spot, catching the BFOD! dance2
[img]https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/07/full-27231-121193-img_0387.jpg[/img]

Ben ended up with 35 to put in his freezer clap

All fish caught this week came off the 2" Tadpole in Lime Glo-Treuse, it has been the MVP on all 3 lakes of I've been on lately thumb
Fished trees in 21-24 fow

Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 02:00 AM

Nice fish, guys!
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 02:36 AM

Way to go Todd and Belinda...love yall's reports.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 02:48 AM

Nice fish and post! Thanks for sharing! thumb
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 02:52 AM

thumb Wow...good report and good fishin. Some pretty fish in Lake Fork.
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 03:00 AM

awesome thumb
Posted By: Cowboytex

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 03:26 AM

Awesome! I have got to get out on the lake, y'all are killing me. noidea Maybe I could flex seal my truck like in the commercials until me boat gets fixed roflmao Nice write up Todd!
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 04:11 AM

thumb
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 11:44 AM

Nice fish! Stay on em'! banana
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 11:58 AM

clap
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 01:37 PM

Wow, that's great. I'm gonna get me some of those baits! Thanks for the posts Todd!
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 01:44 PM

Great job y'all.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 01:50 PM

NICE ya ll were rippin em up. I need to get out there some day soon. great pics.
Posted By: Lazy Ike

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 01:56 PM

C TEX that's funny there I need to do same. Wonder how 4 low f150 works on water,plenty room in back for ice,drinks,crappie.
Posted By: Three Nails Guide

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 01:59 PM

Nice job guys
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 02:06 PM

Great report, and way to go Belinda. Sounds like you guys have learn the boat and what it will do. The best to both of you.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 03:49 PM

Good stuff!!! I got alot of work done this weekend there but never dropped a jig in the water! thumb
Posted By: ATM97

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 05:18 PM

Nice slabs and great report!
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 05:28 PM

Great report Todd!!
Posted By: Waco Crappie

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 06:28 PM

What kind of boat is that? Looks nice, I want to upgrade boats.
Posted By: Gonzz

Re: Fork this week - 07/25/16 10:32 PM

Nice report...
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Fork this week - 07/26/16 03:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Waco28 Crappie
What kind of boat is that? Looks nice, I want to upgrade boats.

Crestliner 2200 Bay
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Fork this week - 07/26/16 10:51 PM

thanks for sharing todd, those 360 screen shots are awesome! keep them coming please thumb
Posted By: CPR

Re: Fork this week - 07/28/16 01:16 PM

thumb thumb I gather ya'll like the G-Rods? we love ours
Posted By: crope1

Re: Fork this week - 07/28/16 05:46 PM

wtg Mr. and Mrs Box.Enjoying the pics,but they're killing me just the same,lol! I am so ready for the thump!
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Fork this week - 07/28/16 09:16 PM

Wow love the report Todd, Ya'll are making me want to get out and look for them there crappie.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum