Texas Fishing Forum

Cra-peas

Posted By: bush hog

Cra-peas - 07/23/16 10:32 PM

I couldn't fill the cooler with fish today so I just stopped on the way home and picked a bushel of peas (they eat purty darn good too!) thumb

Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Cra-peas - 07/24/16 01:52 AM

Haha! nice slabs...did you pick those peas, or pick up those peas...looks like somebody is gonna have some sore thumbs.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cra-peas - 07/24/16 02:08 AM

That will make one very nice dinner! thumb
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Cra-peas - 07/24/16 02:20 AM

thumb

Re: Cra-peas - 07/24/16 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: TroyKing
Haha! nice slabs...did you pick those peas, or pick up those peas...looks like somebody is gonna have some sore thumbs.

I stopped at Fuglers for a burger after fishing and they were selling peas for $10 a bushel, so I picked a mess of peas and I'm typing this with purple fingers. I had to struggle today to put any crappie in the boat....didn't fare as well as you and Mark.
Posted By: HappyNest

Re: Cra-peas - 07/24/16 04:10 AM

Don't give up on the fish but those peas sure look good smile
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Cra-peas - 07/24/16 07:28 AM

Makes my fingers hurt just looing at those peas.
Posted By: pepop

Re: Cra-peas - 07/24/16 07:32 AM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
I couldn't fill the cooler with fish today so I just stopped on the way home and picked a bushel of peas (they eat purty darn good too!) thumb

Good Eatin' in both photo's!!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Cra-peas - 07/24/16 02:03 PM

Nightmares..! as kids at grandma's in the summer. we had to shuck peas before she'd take us down to the pond.
cry
Posted By: AustinS

Re: Cra-peas - 07/24/16 05:47 PM

Man, yesterday was tough! I wound up with a dozen but it was an all day affair. Half of them came off one tree after I'd run out of minnows and was about to go home. They were smashing a 1/8 Spirit Jig in black and silver. I hit a few more trees after that and never got another bite. Go figure.

Re: Cra-peas - 07/24/16 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: AustinS
Man, yesterday was tough! I wound up with a dozen but it was an all day affair. Half of them came off one tree after I'd run out of minnows and was about to go home. They were smashing a 1/8 Spirit Jig in black and silver. I hit a few more trees after that and never got another bite. Go figure.

Yep, I got on the water right at sunrise and didn't catch my first fish until about 9am. It took me till noon to gather those in the picture above.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Cra-peas - 07/24/16 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
Originally Posted By: AustinS

Yep, I got on the water right at sunrise and didn't catch my first fish until about 9am. It took me till noon to gather those in the picture above.
The bite is much better from afternoon through the evening.Think the moon phase has something to do with it.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Cra-peas - 07/25/16 12:24 AM

Good eating's right there clap
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Cra-peas - 07/25/16 01:22 AM

Just shelled 3 bushels .Crappie fresh peas fresh to tomatoes fresh onion corn bread .IT JUST DONT GET NO BETTER.Now I'm hungry again
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Cra-peas - 07/25/16 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
Nightmares..! as kids at grandma's in the summer. we had to shuck peas before she'd take us down to the pond.
cry

Yep, same here; wonderful memories of the 60's!
Posted By: JohnButte

Re: Cra-peas - 07/25/16 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: dwmoore
Just shelled 3 bushels .Crappie fresh peas fresh to tomatoes fresh onion corn bread .IT JUST DONT GET NO BETTER.Now I'm hungry again

That sounds outstanding!
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: Cra-peas - 07/25/16 10:47 PM

Can't beat fresh peas! cheers
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: Cra-peas - 07/25/16 10:48 PM

My dad bought a pea sheller from a friend of his...the days of hand shelling peas are over for me.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Cra-peas - 07/26/16 06:15 PM

Those are two real good thangs...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum