Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine crappie

Posted By: Bradley McCaw

Grapevine crappie - 07/23/16 02:34 AM

Any update on what it's looking like in the slips I have access to Scott's went the other day and only got two... Is it better to get out there before sunrise or go late
Posted By: AggieKenny

Re: Grapevine crappie - 07/23/16 03:08 AM

I did pretty good the other day. Bite was better early, I got there around 7AM. The bite tapered off around 9, but fish could still be caught. I caught a few shallow, but most were about 10' to 12' down.
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Grapevine crappie - 07/23/16 11:13 AM

What Kenny said. Early has been better but you can still catch them all day as long as you just fish deeper as it gets later. If you don't get bit in the first 2 minutes at a spot then you might as well move. The fish have been hitting pretty fast if they are there.

Re: Grapevine crappie - 07/23/16 10:02 PM

Suprisingly put a serious hurting on them this afternoon, let them all swim free today. Found most of them around 16-18ft but most of the time it couldnt make it down before getting thumped electric chicken seemed to be the choice today
Posted By: AggieKenny

Re: Grapevine crappie - 07/24/16 01:16 AM

Glad you found them. I'm going to have to make up some more Electric Chicken, it has been a good combo for me in the past. White/chart Or white/blue has done well lately.
Posted By: hawghoover

Re: Grapevine crappie - 07/24/16 10:39 AM

im still not doing any good at twin coves! will try again today. iv got all the colors,but they just are not where im fishing i guess.water is 28' at my slip and 31' out on some brush in the cove. i still think the water temp needs to come down.

Re: Grapevine crappie - 07/24/16 03:21 PM

i finally found some today.28' brush on main lake!

Re: Grapevine crappie - 07/24/16 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: hawghoover
i finally found some today.28' brush on main lake!

Glad you found them! went out this morning as well and wore them out one short of a limit could've stayed just got busy and wanted to clean em before it got too hot black and blue was the color today biggest went 15 inches
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Grapevine crappie - 07/24/16 07:27 PM

What ramps are open?
Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

Re: Grapevine crappie - 07/24/16 08:30 PM

All I know of is Katie Woods and Silver Lake... Man it was fun out there today.

Re: Grapevine crappie - 07/25/16 12:19 AM

high water ramp is open at murrell park.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum