Texas Fishing Forum

Waco in mid july are you kidding me?

Posted By: leanin post

Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/18/16 09:52 PM

wow, it was super tough today. launched at speegleville, around 830 , and the parking lot was around 85 percent full, I left at 2.30 and parking lot was empty.
caught 3 fish all day. most fish just arent relating to structure or cover right now, and the few that are arent biting.
The water up north looks better than mid and south lake, but the fishing wasnt any better. I dont know how everyone else did, but I got smoked!
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/18/16 10:00 PM

Humm guess I want tel ya how I did just make ya mad.

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/18/16 10:03 PM

wifes starting to doubt I been fishing, ha
Posted By: Waco Kid

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/18/16 11:48 PM

I've been killing them on Waco.
Posted By: tomasc

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/19/16 01:27 AM

sorry to hear that sir, we had a pretty good weekend, fish were biting better on the north end for us, but a good friend was having a decent day on the south end...go figure. hooked fish

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/19/16 11:46 AM

did you guys fish yesterday? I think I may have saw deans truck at speegleville.
I spent most time in the mid and south lake, ohh well sometimes you zig when you should have zagged. ha
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/21/16 10:35 PM

I think we crossed paths on Over Flow Rd.

You didn't wave back.:(

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/21/16 11:03 PM

you got a mud mota on a duck boat?
sorry I didnt see ya wave, hammer

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/22/16 12:43 AM

Originally Posted By: leanin post
you got a mud mota on a duck boat?
sorry I didnt see ya wave, hammer

I do. No worries. cheers

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/22/16 02:47 AM

I saw you at the corner of 84 and speegleville rd.

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/22/16 03:16 AM

I saw you at the corner of 84 and speegleville rd.

I must have an imposter. I have never had my boat towards McGregor... well not on the road anyways. lol

I knew it was you after you passed me on Over Flow the other day because I recognized your boat from some pics you posted on here.
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/26/16 04:00 AM

I had knee surgery on the 12th of this month, tore my knee up pretty bad on some green stuff at Granger boat ramp, so I've been out the loop. I get my staples out tomorrow and looking forward to getting on Waco Wednesday!

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/27/16 12:37 AM

I went to waco today with a friend and we caught around 50 and kept and split 29 of the nicest ones. . Threw back plenty of tens and watched a few swim off. best piles were 10 feet early morning. then as it got hotter 13 to 15 feet. plenty of black crappie today, holding tight to the brush. You really cant tell which piles are holding just fish all the ones in the right depth. we caught a couple on the bridge. We couldnt get where we wanted because they are doing repairs at the 4th and 5th pilings. looks like someone hit the railing and took out abt 60 feet.
3 of the piles gave us the majority of our fish.
Ruff I almost bit the dust on the sidewalk going to the courtesy ramp at fox park on granger, lotta dangers over there.
I wish crocs would make a glue on resole, I even called them and asked them to do it. When the shoes get just right and are very comfy, the bottom is worn out and dangerous.

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/27/16 04:14 AM

We couldnt get where we wanted because they are doing repairs at the 4th and 5th pilings. looks like someone hit the railing and took out abt 60 feet.

I guess they are finally fixing the damage.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Police-...-373328421.html

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2016/...ty-in-dark.html

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/27/16 12:39 PM

wow I heard abt that woman crash but didnt know it did that much damage, the bridge even has a section that is cracked underneath that looks like it could fall.
When its not your time to go, its not your time.
Posted By: Lucas Loafman

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/27/16 02:52 PM

We were going under and we started hearing whistles...looked up and realized what they were whistling about. They were trying to warn us about potential falling concrete. Would have been ironic if the lady that cause the damage was fine, yet falling concrete would have hurt someone else.

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/27/16 04:43 PM

we may need to get some hard hats for fishing that bridge, lots of accidents on that bridge for some reason. fish

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/27/16 10:56 PM

LP me and Dean killed them this morning, got out on the water about 0650 seen cjcrappie at the ramp about to go out also, we left them biting at noon. 15 20FOW was best bite all caught on Deans Waco special hand tied.

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/28/16 12:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Ruffneck2000
LP me and Dean killed them this morning, got out on the water about 0650 seen cjcrappie at the ramp about to go out also, we left them biting at noon. 15 20FOW was best bite all caught on Deans Waco special hand tied.

hope you got to get your mind of the knee pain for a while. This fall is going to produce some excellent fish!!

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/28/16 12:09 PM

what color is the waco special? I will take a guess. white, orange, red?

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/29/16 03:39 AM

Here are a couple of pics that we took of the damage to the bridge.

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/29/16 08:24 AM

what color is the waco special? I will take a guess. white, orange, red?
lol you already know!

Re: Waco in mid july are you kidding me? - 07/29/16 10:32 PM

actually it was an educated guess. clap
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum