Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Arlington.....so alone

Posted By: Ben Ther

Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/16/16 02:30 AM

I've been fishing LA for many years(about 10), but the last 2 or 3 years I seem to be the only crappie guy out there. I go in the middle of the week a lot ,but I've been many a day on Saturday and seen no other "crappie friend". What's UP?
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/16/16 03:11 AM

IMO There just isn't many quality fish to be caught this year. That's my experience atleast, I won't be fishing there for awhile.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/16/16 03:18 AM

I'd be tha last to complain bout that....LOL
I'll swap that scenario with ya 10 times, come to my world where you have to hide too keep folks from following you to find the "spots" you catch your feesh.... roflmao
Posted By: Thunk

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/16/16 02:31 PM

Grenadaslabs You need to find them out there. Spend the time using your electronics. They are there. Quality fish too. Deep right now. Find the shad pods and cover and youll find the fish.

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/16/16 07:26 PM

I caught 8 keepers yesterday(20+ dinks),I just think it is strange that I don't see more "crappie" people out there. I'm not complaining, I'm just curious at the lack of fisherman(-bass people). No big deal....just say'in.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/16/16 07:39 PM

are there any on the East shore line right now?

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/16/16 08:09 PM

Yep
Posted By: sbump26

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/16/16 10:00 PM

I fish it for crappie about once a week. Just lately have had a little luck. Kept 4 last week, caught about 8. I don't know if it's me but they are very hit and miss for me. I've been catching a few in 12-14 ft on a brush pile.
Posted By: fishing_ken

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/17/16 12:04 PM

I'm out at least twice a week.

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/17/16 06:01 PM

Caught mine in about 18-20 foot Friday
Posted By: sbump26

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/17/16 10:38 PM

Managed 4 undersized today; fished about an hour with grand daughter. She wanted to boat ride more than fish smile.
Posted By: fishing_ken

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/21/16 05:39 AM

Went Monday. Kept 6 caught 10 or so in 4 hours. It's a little tough with kids on the boat. May go out Thursday late evening to try them again.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/21/16 06:48 AM

I used to go to Arlington and never saw many but the percentage to bass fishing seemed about normal. I just can't stand that lake.
Posted By: JTWALK

Re: Lake Arlington.....so alone - 07/25/16 07:06 AM

This used to be my favorite Lake. However after the two droughts my normal spot the fish are not coming back there. This year I've only caugt 5 fish around the size 13 - 15 and a half everything is throwbacks I don't know what is happening to that Lake. I know that like he has many slabs but I cannot find them. That's my favorite Lake because it's only 15 minutes from the house. The last couple years it's been very frustrating and very hot.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum