Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon

Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Lavon - 07/14/16 09:48 PM

Still catching fish on brush/timber in 12-20'. Lots of spots are only producing 1-3 keepers so keep moving. Wind has be terrible and has limited us this past week. Today I just turned up the trolling motor and fought it. Took several waves over the bow but we did manage 43 keepers on some stuff that hasn't been fished in a few days. Best bites came on the large Rocky top in white/chart and orange/chart on 1/8 ounce jig head. I'm cleaning fish with 5" shad in them so you can't use a bait that is too big. In the calmer areas fish have been holding tight to bottom but in the wind we caught some fish suspended 10' deep over 20' water. Did notice a nice current on east side of the lake in a few places. I don't waste much time if I notice a current. Wind has really made it tough but keep moving and you can manage some decent numbers. Minnows may help some but so would dynamite. I'm strictly jigs til Winter.
I have a couple openings next week and hoping wind will get back to normal.
Another note, lake is normal and there are lots of stumps just below surface in areas. Be careful running in less than 15' along the banks.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum