Texas Fishing Forum

Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today!

Posted By: Txmedic033

Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/13/16 03:02 AM

I met Jacob at the boat ramp this morning and we decided to take a tour of Lake Murvaul since neither one of us is very familiar with the lake. We eliminated a lot of water that was void of brush and was in desperate need of some fresh bamboo. We did end up marking several piles and a few lay downs that were holding fish. I best depth today was 8 fow and the fish wanted the jigs holding at 6'. We only fished one lay down for a little while. It was holding a ton of fish but the gar moved in and the crappie locked down and quit biting. I'll try to remember to upload a screen shot of the lay down when I get home from work. My Xi5 GPS module completely quit so I dropped it off to get if fixed while it is still under warranty. Best bait today was my jointed minnow in lavender pearl shad. The fish even convinced Jacob to take off his customary pearltruese after he watched me start loading the cooler. Regardless of the trolling motor issues, it was still a productive day. We found several new spots, he got a bag of new baits, and I came away with a couple jars of excellent pickles and 40 nice black crappie fillets.

P.S. The black crappie record for Murvaul is vacant so every black crappie we caught "broke the record".

Posted By: Cowboytex

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/13/16 03:08 AM

Haha nice! Post a pic of your jointed minnow! Congrats guys. I'm gonna make it over there one day. 8fow seems shallow right now. I would have never found them lol
Posted By: Cowboytex

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/13/16 03:09 AM

Never mind you just edited it. Nice job bud!
Posted By: Jacob

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/13/16 03:52 AM

Had a great time! Thanks again for the baits and counter! Going to give them a try on Nac tomorrow! I'm also going to try fishing shallower than normal since we found them in unlikely water today. We'll try em again soon!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/13/16 04:00 AM

Nice post and fish. Goo job. thumb
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/13/16 10:37 AM

clap
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/13/16 12:32 PM

Nice! thumb
Posted By: palomar

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/13/16 12:41 PM

Good job and thanks for the report! thumb
Posted By: CypertJ

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/13/16 01:25 PM

Great job! Glad the xi5 is still under warranty. My Gps started acting up on mine, but I ignored it and it has been working flawlessly ever since, just 2 trips one weekend that the anchor feature would still allow us to drift off about 40-50 yards. I had let the batteries go almost completely dead prior to having issues and I think this had something to do with it.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/13/16 02:27 PM

Thanks for the report.glad y'all caught em.
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/14/16 06:46 AM

thumb
Posted By: SK.

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/14/16 12:51 PM

Excellent trip especially in unfamiliar waters....
Let's not forget the thermocline, no not the bait but the low oxygen waters, it'll for sure push the fish shallow.....
Not sure if'n it's at Murval yet but it's coming.....
Posted By: cleve

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/14/16 04:28 PM

Great report, Man I need to fish that lake it's been years sence I had.
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/14/16 06:34 PM

Tried to break your black crappie record this morning but all I could catch was whites.....BIG whites. Best bite yesterday evening and this morning was on a 1/16 oz. chartreuse hand tie about 10 ft. down. This morning was tough but finally found some quality fish under a boat house.
Posted By: AustinS

Re: Broke the Murvaul black crappie record 20 times today! - 07/16/16 01:26 AM

Very nice! I'm headed that way in the morning to give it a shot. fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum