Texas Fishing Forum

Texoma eats??

Posted By: Slewfoot

Texoma eats?? - 07/11/16 02:46 AM

Anywhere good to eat while up there? Gonna be there a couple days so looking for some suggestions. Staying close to Mill Creek so any suggestions would be helpful!!

Thanks!!

Slew fish
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/11/16 03:07 AM

It ain't going to be crappie! At least not yet. It's tough...
Posted By: don the angler

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/11/16 11:44 AM

Soldiers Creek marina cafe used to be a good place for lunch. Haven't been there in years though.
Posted By: HOOK-EM

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/11/16 01:44 PM

Huck's in Denison great cat fish. It's on Loy Lake road .

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/11/16 03:18 PM

Thanks ya'll!! Might make it out somewhere one night or so. Might just make a pot of chicken and sausage jambalaya for one night. That and some Abita amber and a cigar or two should make a fine dinner!!! thumb

Thanks for the motivation Stucky! Sounds like Cooper only worse! hammer
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/11/16 04:10 PM

On the water... Alberta Creek - red creek burger food

off the water in Durant - Salita's thumb
Posted By: UJC

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/11/16 11:02 PM

Originally Posted By: don the angler
Soldiers Creek marina cafe used to be a good place for lunch. Haven't been there in years though.

Soldier Creek Marina sold out to Marina del Ray (I think that is the name). I don't know if the restaurant is open or not. Just Google them and call. It was a good place to eat when on the water or otherwise.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/11/16 11:15 PM

The restaurant at Cedar Mills is good.
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/12/16 01:13 AM

We are planning on staying at Mill Creek. May fire up the grill. If anybody wants to swing by will have room I'm sure
Posted By: redneck74z71

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/12/16 11:04 AM

Little restaurant north of madil. Few miles outside of town it's Mexican but the best catfish I've had in years. Second to Hucks. And closer.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/12/16 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service
We are planning on staying at Mill Creek. May fire up the grill. If anybody wants to swing by will have room I'm sure

I am also staying at Mill Creek. Small cabin. Not sure what is around there as far as dinning.

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/12/16 04:41 PM

We're renting a house about a mile down mill creek road. Supposed to have a grill and fire pit. Might hafta get together and throw some meat on the grill somewhere! Mom and the kid aren't coming till Friday evening so Thursday evening I'm gonna hafta get loose!! bannana2
Posted By: BigDave1

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/12/16 11:19 PM

Another vote for Huck's. Fantastic catfish! smile
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/13/16 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris B
The restaurant at Cedar Mills is good.

Some of the best imho. The Island Bar and Grill still sucks though just fyi. When you cater the grand opening that should be a clue...
Posted By: onfirecrappie

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/14/16 10:19 PM

City Limits. It's on texoma parkway so you'll have to drive about 20 minutes but you'll thank me later. It's been a staple for at least 40 years. Best burger I've ever had. Nothing bad on the menu.
Posted By: JRR

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/17/16 08:28 AM

Pelican Landing at Cedar Mills is good, you can boat over and dock. Nice bar area too.

Re: Texoma eats?? - 07/17/16 12:44 PM

Celebrated the win with cstfish at Hucks!!! Filets are huge and the pinto beans were excellent!

Thanks ya'll!! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum