Texas Fishing Forum

Just moved to East Texas

Posted By: USMC_Guy

Just moved to East Texas - 07/11/16 01:48 AM

Hi everybody. Just moved to Overton and I've settled in enough to get back out fishing. I haven't been active on the forum in a while but plan on making up for lost time. Thanks to Chuck(banker always fishing) and all the other San Antonio area folks for some great times and memories. Hope to meet up with y'all again.

I hope to get to learn the area and if I run into anybody feel free to say hi.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Just moved to East Texas - 07/11/16 02:03 AM

We had some GREAT times with more to follow! cheers Now find us some new fishing spots! thumb

Mike (USMC_GY) and Matt (South Texas Duck Hunter) This past December!

Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: Just moved to East Texas - 07/11/16 02:55 AM

Lake Tyler is an excellent crappie fishery.
Posted By: palomar

Re: Just moved to East Texas - 07/11/16 03:51 PM

Caught this 2#er on Lake Tyler yesterday. I didn't catch very many so I released it - maybe we'll meet again wink

Re: Just moved to East Texas - 07/12/16 08:17 PM

Dang palomar! That thing is a beast, would've love to seen it prespawn. Sounds like Lake Tyler might be a spot to check out. I'm boatless so will be on the bank for a while.
Posted By: palomar

Re: Just moved to East Texas - 07/13/16 02:44 AM

Thanks Mike. If you don't mind fishing out of an old 1984 Kingfisher, you're welcome to join me sometime.
Posted By: Cowboytex

Re: Just moved to East Texas - 07/13/16 03:49 AM

Yep, you've got a pretty good crappie fishery close by with lake Tyler thumb

Re: Just moved to East Texas - 07/13/16 04:52 PM

Lake Tyler seems to be the favorite in this neck of the woods from what I gather. I can be at the 64 boat ramp on Tyler east about 20 minutes from the house. Plan is to get a boat eventually; I had so much fun chasing the fish with Chuck that it wasn't a high priority. And as long as it floats I'll fish out of it, I'm a pretty simple person. Hopefully I'll have plenty of time here to learn the area and settle in.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum