Texas Fishing Forum

Any Crappie Reports on Fork?

Posted By: Basscat496

Any Crappie Reports on Fork? - 07/08/16 07:39 PM

my Brother is coming in town this weekend, he wanted to visit fork. Just curious if anyone has been having any luck with Crappie recently. Bridges? standing timber? brush piles? Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Any Crappie Reports on Fork? - 07/08/16 07:52 PM

Standing timber and submerged standing timber in 17-25 FOW. Suspended about 12'. Purple and chartreuse, and Black Emerald Shiner from Thermocline Lures (only place to get Black Emerald Shiner) have been producing well.
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Any Crappie Reports on Fork? - 07/08/16 11:06 PM

Myself along with red snappa & Hickory Nut will be out in the am doing just what red snappa said till we get blown off the lake - LOL
Good luck thumb

Re: Any Crappie Reports on Fork? - 07/09/16 12:03 AM

LOL. Thanks for the Info. We are staying at Lake Fork Marina. I will be out there Sunday and Monday... looks like winds should die down a little in next few days... hopefully its not an ocean out there last it has been past week...
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: Any Crappie Reports on Fork? - 07/09/16 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Basscat496
hopefully its not an ocean out there last it has been past week...

I know, Right!!!
July the 8th and we're have Santa Anna winds bang

What happened to the "Dog Days of Summer"????
We didn't have many of them last summer either hmmm

Re: Any Crappie Reports on Fork? - 07/09/16 12:41 AM

yes, been a crazy year for weather, we didn't have much of a winter, now this crazy windy summer.... just strange. U going to be on Fork Sunday/Monday TBox?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Any Crappie Reports on Fork? - 07/09/16 02:26 AM

I tied off to a tree that I've been tying off to for 20 years on Fork yesterday. It snapped about 10:00 am and fell in the lake...just missed the boat. I took that for an omen and put it on the trailer.

Gman
Posted By: Hickory Nut

Re: Any Crappie Reports on Fork? - 07/10/16 12:52 AM

Fish bit real good this am. I was using the thermocline purple passion with a one sixteenth oz orange head.
Caught fish over brush piles in fourteen ft of water twelve ft down. My better fish came from twenty one ft of water still about twelve ft down.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Any Crappie Reports on Fork? - 07/10/16 01:50 AM

Good deal!! First fish in our box this morning was on a purple passion super fry. cheers

Re: Any Crappie Reports on Fork? - 07/10/16 03:40 AM

Thanks for the info! Going to Fork in the AM. will give it a go. Looks like winds will be low tomorrow, so hopefully we will be able to stay on top of em and not blow all over the lake.

Re: Any Crappie Reports on Fork? - 07/10/16 10:03 PM

Any of the bridges producing crappie???
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum