Texas Fishing Forum

They work! (Palestine 6/29/16)

Posted By: Cowboytex

They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 04:42 AM

Went out with my brother and a friend of his that's in town. He got to catch his first crappie and I got to try out my deer hair jigs and they caught fish just fine. We didn't fish real hard just had a good time and took lots of pics. My brother had 24 on the clicker but that boy counts about as good as a 3 toed sloth blindfolded and hog tied. We looked for hybrids and sandies for a little while and they're still MIA. We marks some hybrids but they weren't playing today. Caught fish on brush in 15-20 FOW.
First fish was foul hooked and that seemed to be a trend. We foul hooked 2 crappie and a catfish. Caught another catfish, a drum and my brother slabbed up a carp. Almost lost his pole on that one. We thought it was a lake record hybrid or huge flat head. Nope, carp roflmao ATM97 came from aways off to see what all the hoopin an hollerin was about. Man that was funny. Good to see you Martin!
Here's the picture show

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 04:44 AM

Bad news is my boat is out of commission for awhile steering cables broke while I was loading the boat. Couldn't have happened at a better time though I guess. We didn't keep any fish today so when we got home I got to do some pickin and grinnin with a guitar master! Besides the steering going out it was a very needed great day with family and friends.
Posted By: Jacob Walker

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 05:31 AM

Had a blast as always! I may forget to click the clicker, but at east I can spell! roflmao That carp definitely caught me by surprise! Sure was fun though!
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 09:11 AM

thumb
Posted By: ATM97

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 11:48 AM

It sounded like you guys were having a blast over there...half way across the lake. I'm not sure what looks better, those big old slabs or your hand ties. Those sure are some beautiful jigs!

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 11:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Jacob Walker
Had a blast as always! I may forget to click the clicker, but at east I can spell! roflmao That carp definitely caught me by surprise! Sure was fun though!

Ha! Touché. It was past my bed time when I posted and auto correct got me. Fixed it

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: ATM97
It sounded like you guys were having a blast over there...half way across the lake. I'm not sure what looks better, those big old slabs or your hand ties. Those sure are some beautiful jigs!

We definitely were! Thanks Martin, I appreciate that!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 12:23 PM

Nice fish! thumb
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 12:43 PM

cheers
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 01:34 PM

Looks like a great afternoon bud!
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 02:11 PM

I'd have a hard time tossing those things in the water for fear of losing em!! Good thing I fish with ugly jigs!!!

Nice catch!!! thumb

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Slewfoot
I'd have a hard time tossing those things in the water for fear of losing em!! Good thing I fish with ugly jigs!!!

Nice catch!!! thumb

Thanks Slew! Yeah I lost the green and blue one cry guess I'll have to make more woot
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 05:03 PM

clap
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: They work! (Palestine 6/29/16) - 06/30/16 05:19 PM

Looks like a fun trip, good job fellas thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum