Texas Fishing Forum

Bridges!!

Posted By: Going Fishing. How about you?

Bridges!! - 06/21/16 11:13 AM

Anyone catching any under the bridges at any of the following lakes. Fork, Joe Pool, Cedar creek, Richard Chamber, or Palestine. Which one would be best to fish this week? Thanks for the help.
Posted By: PKfishin

Re: Bridges!! - 06/21/16 02:34 PM

I'm headed to fork today to find out. With Buck Creek at Ray Bob closed and Texoma a mudhole that's the nearest bridge to me. With this smoking heat I'm thinking the crappie need to be in the shade or wait for me to catch them when it cooler.
Posted By: Minnowkiller

Re: Bridges!! - 06/21/16 02:35 PM

Tried Joe pool for a bit the other night without a bite but only fished for about thirty minutes because our lantern ran out of juice-__- plus we were paddling a 14ft vhull aluminum boat so it made it tough to stay up next to the pilings
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Bridges!! - 06/21/16 02:37 PM

There's crappie under the big bridges on Fork, CC, and Palestine. 8-13' deep. Just take your pick. I'm gonna be on 2 of those lakes this week and I bet I will toss a jig under a bridge some. fish
Posted By: Epic

Re: Bridges!! - 06/21/16 04:28 PM

I tried about half of the bridge by Lynn Creek on Sunday. Caught 4 with only one being a keeper. We caught a smorgasbord of other fish but the crappie would not cooperate.
Posted By: fishing_ken

Re: Bridges!! - 06/22/16 12:21 AM

First time trying Joe pool bridge last Friday. Kept 6, probably caught 20 or so altogether. All on jigs and the bite got better later in the day. I'll be back Thursday or Friday to check it out again.
Posted By: Going Fishing. How about you?

Re: Bridges!! - 06/22/16 01:56 AM

Possible try Joe Pool, haven't fish there since it open years ago. Thanks for information.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum