Posted By: DavisGuideService

CAT cooper results? - 06/19/16 02:34 AM

anyone have the results?
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/19/16 03:02 AM

I don't have results, but I got $ on Paul & George! wink
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/19/16 03:10 AM

Paul and George destroyed everybody in D1. Clay and I lucked into a couple the last hour and won D2. Tough tough fishing.
Posted By: James Rains

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/19/16 01:57 PM

Yes they did aparantly crappie in cooper don't go deep in the summer. Was tough to put seven in the live well for us. Guess that's why Paul is the best.
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/19/16 03:35 PM

Tournament fishing is a whole nother can of worms. Tournament fishing -----> To be the best, you've got to beat the best. Congrats again Paul and George. We certainly learn alot by participating in the fun.

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/19/16 05:34 PM

The water clearing up and dropping 2' definantly played with my head. I felt really good a week and a half ago! Showing up friday morning the mind games started I wasn't sure they would still be in the same area but I caught the first fish at 635. Just couldn't catch a keeper yesterday morning!! That had me scrambling all over running away from fhe fish looking for keepers. Tournament fishing has taught me a lot about crappie fishing I will say that!! And it shows how good some of you folks are. To adapt and catch crappie like yall do consistently is a feat!!! flehan
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/19/16 07:50 PM

Yep you think your a b [censored] till you fish against a b [censored].Humble pie taste like carp.Thers a big difference in the practice pen and the short round.All the pics on the internet don't mean nothin when it comes game day Mother Nature and 7 fish it's a tough haul.Darrell

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/19/16 08:22 PM

We went out there a couple weeks ago for our first time on the lake and fished timber and brush piles , didn't get a bite for 8 hrs. As we we're leaving we caught 2 huge females with eggs in 6 or so fow .with water level rising and falling Inbetween we decided to hit fork for a meat run.
Congrats to Paul and George these 2 are relentless!
And props to everyone that made the trip and toughed it out cheers
Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/19/16 10:18 PM

Figured out the lake fishes shallow last week on first trip up there. Never caught a big fish over 10' deep and Friday I caught my biggest in 2' water on Friday. Funny thing is I found the same trees Paul and George found. I had a few other spots I thought we could catch 7 big fish so I didn't go get in Paul's way. Caught 2 on the other stuff and They hammered them. I told Paul 13 pounds would be winning weight. Just thought it would be us with that stringer. Most frustrating day on the water I have ever had. catch 12 pounds Friday screwing off and 3.5 on tournament day.
Congrats to Paul and George. They are the best for a reason
Posted By: whale

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/20/16 09:50 AM

Way to go Paul and George! You guys always know how to dig em out when you need too.
Posted By: leanin post

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/20/16 03:37 PM

when are yall going to fish waco again? some of yall I want to meet.

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/20/16 04:06 PM

The heat musta got to me cause I'm actually wanting to go back to Cooper and whip those fish! Sat left a bad taste in my mouth!! hammer

Course I'm gonna fish palestine and fork before I could have a chance to get back up there so by then maybe I will have forgotten that mudhole. cheers
Posted By: UJC

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/21/16 01:14 AM

This was the hardest tournament in my career. Four days on the water and one gasper goo. Partner caught one goo also and one 6" or so crappie.

Lake Cooper is a beautiful state park and you'll see trees like never before. But, it fishes hard. IMO, what George Nelon and Paul O'Bier did on Cooper is absolutely the best tournament fishing results I've ever participated in. Kudos to them for they smoked D1 and D2.

Now for a personal editorial. For all those who listed Cooper as a top lake to fish, where were you? When CAT sends a survey to members, they DO listen to what we respond.
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/21/16 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: UJC
This was the hardest tournament in my career. Four days on the water and one gasper goo. Partner caught one goo also and one 6" or so crappie.

Lake Cooper is a beautiful state park and you'll see trees like never before. But, it fishes hard. IMO, what George Nelon and Paul O'Bier did on Cooper is absolutely the best tournament fishing results I've ever participated in. Kudos to them for they smoked D1 and D2.

Now for a personal editorial. For all those who listed Cooper as a top lake to fish, where were you? When CAT sends a survey to members, they DO listen to what we respond.

I was in Alaska.... thumb

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/21/16 01:54 AM

Originally Posted By: UJC

Amen to that!!! I asked John who the hell picked this lake and he said lots of people. Shame they didn't show for the tournament. Had some locals and some of the CAT faithful. Poor turnout. But to be honest I was suprised we could even get on the lake. When I saw it on the schedule I said it would be too low to launch come June!

Re: CAT cooper results? - 06/21/16 01:59 AM

when we first got on the lake and seen all the trees we thought it was going to be good fishing, 100 trees later not so much lol.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum