Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Granbury

Posted By: whiz

Lake Granbury - 06/16/16 01:19 PM

All,

So I consider myself to be a decent Crappie fisherman, but have never been able to locate crappie on Granbury. I am taking my wife and girls to the lake house for father's day this weekend and wanted to catch some crappie. Our lake house is close to the 377 bridge, which I have fished before with no luck. Any tips would be appreciated!
Posted By: spro

Re: Lake Granbury - 06/16/16 05:03 PM

Will be at my Granbury lakehouse this weekend also. Hear the lake is finally clearing up. We will be targeting the striper and sandies further down near the dam. Not much help for the crappie. We usually catch them off our dock and a few brush piles close by. About 5 years ago we used to catch the heck out of them in coves during the spawn. Good luck to ya!
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Lake Granbury - 06/20/16 09:22 PM

Guessing it sucked?
Posted By: spro

Re: Lake Granbury - 06/20/16 09:48 PM

Actually it was awesome! One of our better trips on Granbury. Nightime was the best. Each trip we caught at least 25 very nice sized keepers. Some over 2 lbs. Best bass fishing I have had out there in a long time also.
Posted By: rbadley

Re: Lake Granbury - 06/20/16 10:25 PM

How is the ramp at DeCordova Bend Park? Never been there. Usually launch at the City Park ramp but if I'm going to fish closer to the dam then a ramp down there would be better. Just want to hear from someone thats used it before going there. Thanks for any info.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Lake Granbury - 06/20/16 11:18 PM

The dam ramp has always been good with the water up.
Posted By: rbadley

Re: Lake Granbury - 06/20/16 11:19 PM

Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum