Texas Fishing Forum

-----Double Jighead Rigs

Posted By: Aixsponsa

-----Double Jighead Rigs - 06/14/16 03:46 AM

I have always made my own "speck rigs" as I see them labeled. Take 3 feet or so of 20 - 40# mono, tie a Jighead on each end, make a loop in the line so that one is a few inches long, and the other Jighead is say 14" from the loop.

As long as the same weight Jighead is used for both and the lures are the same size/shape, you can cast or troll with 2 jig colors instead of one, and they don't tangle if they're built like that.

My questions are: Do you use this type of setup sometimes? Have you ever made them with a 3 way swivel instead of just mono and a loop? Which do you prefer?
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: -----Double Jighead Rigs - 06/14/16 04:05 AM

I just tie a loop knot and leave a long tag end and tie another loop knot on the second jig too.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: -----Double Jighead Rigs - 06/14/16 04:20 AM

Try those standout hooks they make for bass fishing... Takes some time to rig but they work against bridge pilings and open water. Would not try around brush piles unless you have a great rig retriever...you can rig up a few in advance and use a double swivel so I only have to tie one knot on the lake. Bell weight on bottom like the "drop shot" rig in bass fishing. Works for us and I use three hooks in 20 feet or more, two under that depth 3 feet apart
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: -----Double Jighead Rigs - 06/14/16 11:34 AM

Originally Posted By: Txmedic033
I just tie a loop knot and leave a long tag end and tie another loop knot on the second jig too.

Same here.

I fish double jigs in open water and around bridge pilings. I use it when searching for a different color a lot.

Back to a single jig in brush and trees.

Gman
Posted By: kickingback

Re: -----Double Jighead Rigs - 06/14/16 12:53 PM

I am going to try a "Sibiki Rig" with a few jigs to see how it works tonight. Should target the water column over 5 feet with the jigs spaced a foot apart. Just hope it doesn't spook em more...lol...we'll see. It may be the next fad in crappie fishing!

Posted By: Aixsponsa

Re: -----Double Jighead Rigs - 06/14/16 07:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
Originally Posted By: Txmedic033

Same here.

I fish double jigs in open water and around bridge pilings. I use it when searching for a different color a lot.

Back to a single jig in brush and trees.

Gman

Let me see if I understand what you're saying.....you're tying a loop knot in the string, and you tie a loop knot at the end of your tag end with the Jighead moving freely in both loops. Is that correct?

You're not making a two-Jighead rig that you then tie your fishing line to----you're making two loop knots in the line coming off of your reel?. Is that right?

I was talking about something else, but I'm jow interested in what you're saying.

As far the drop shot rigging. I think that is a really good idea for vertical presentation. Most of the times that I've vertically jigged them I let it sit, hop a little, pump it up, let it fall. With the drop shot method I would think you need to be easy with lifting and dropping to avoid tangling, right? Are there any specific Jighead shot recommend, or would I just tie a normal "stren" knot and leave a very long tag end?
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: -----Double Jighead Rigs - 06/15/16 01:55 AM

Braid for main line, then tie on fluorocarbon leader and tie 2 loop knots, one for each jig.

I use the Huckabee knot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC3VeDWbr6E
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum