Texas Fishing Forum

CC Fishing Fri and Sat Nice Warmouth

Posted By: Ken Gaby

CC Fishing Fri and Sat Nice Warmouth - 06/05/16 08:35 PM

Sherri and I headed to CC Fri for the Junior Angler Tournament. Hit the lake about noon and figured we had about 2-3 hours before the rain would hit. Caught a few fish at every BP. Nothing big just good solid fish. The black emerald shiner was doing the damage. Did catch a nice warmouth; I think biggest I've caught. Rain moved close about 2:30 and we headed to the ramp to cover the boat.

Sat morning I was supposed to take a young man out. Lane showed up at 7:15 and said Cody couldn't make it so he was there to help. I said I'm supposed to take someone out so you'll be the guide. If the second non boater showed, I intended to pilot the boat and let Lane go to work with the kids. The young man didn't show, so I said lets put the boat in the water. Sherri and I enjoyed a nice morning shooting docks with Lane. Got some good lessons on how the art is performed and got to sharpen my skills a little. Probably put 35+ keepers in the boat and kept 8 for Cedar Creeker. The Texas Toast Slab Bandit and Thump Chubbies in C R Special and Shaddaboy were the right meal. Lane said Fri they had a 3 man limit by 11 am. Those big bodied Thump Chubbies fall nice and slow on a 1/16 oz head and the crappie see a big easy meal.

The gates are open on CC now at 21,100 cfs so I imagine things have changed a bit.

Posted By: Fooshman

Re: CC Fishing Fri and Sat Nice Warmouth - 06/05/16 11:57 PM

thumb
Posted By: cleve

Re: CC Fishing Fri and Sat Nice Warmouth - 06/06/16 02:47 AM

Nice fish
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: CC Fishing Fri and Sat Nice Warmouth - 06/06/16 05:16 AM

Nice fish. Good job. thumb

Side Note: Warmouth are a beautiful fish! That was a nice one for sure! cheers
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: CC Fishing Fri and Sat Nice Warmouth - 06/06/16 03:48 PM

Nice fish Ken!

Belinda & I want to go back to CC, we had a ton of fun there last year.....so many lakes, so little time roflmao
Posted By: tranger

Re: CC Fishing Fri and Sat Nice Warmouth - 06/06/16 03:54 PM

Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: CC Fishing Fri and Sat Nice Warmouth - 06/06/16 04:06 PM

Good to see yall!! Sorry we didn't get to chat any!! Man that's a fun lake! That's a huge warmouth!!! thumb
Posted By: Laner

Re: CC Fishing Fri and Sat Nice Warmouth - 06/07/16 04:21 PM

Thank you very much for letting me hop in the boat with you on Saturday morning, Mr. Gaby. I had fun getting to fish with you and Mrs. Gaby again, and it was rewarding to see how much she progressed in such a short amount of time. You know as well as I do, you've got yourself a keeper smile
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: CC Fishing Fri and Sat Nice Warmouth - 06/07/16 04:44 PM

The pleasure was ours Laner. thumb

And she's definitely a keeper, yes sir. thumb thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum