Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lewisville crappie

Posted By: BMC

Lake Lewisville crappie - 06/05/16 04:27 PM

I'm taking my brother in law and nephew out tomorrow to try for crappie. With me being new to both crappie fishing and lewisville does have any tips to point me in the right direction? TIA.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Lake Lewisville crappie - 06/05/16 04:51 PM

The easiest is to fish one of the three bridges. No real way to tye up. Use your TM to work the columns. The last time I fished the (before the rain) fish were anywhere between bottom and in 23--24' to around 10-12'. The best color was white body with chartreuse tail on 1/8 jig. Fish were still scattered. If you can find brush piles or know where there are trees it's a whole different scenario.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Lake Lewisville crappie - 06/05/16 06:36 PM

There needs to be more Lewisville reports on this site!! Especially about big fish patterns in say maybe October!!! roflmao
Posted By: TR176

Re: Lake Lewisville crappie - 06/05/16 07:29 PM

Last time I went the crappie were very tight to larger Bois d Arc trees. On any tree (not all) the crappie were in an area no larger than a peck basket. If you found those areas on 5-6 trees you could have a nice stringer.
I'm not even going until the water and the wind settle a little.
Posted By: Team CrappieCat

Re: Lake Lewisville crappie - 06/06/16 09:37 AM

Slewfoot I'll try my best to give you a big fish report on the 16th of Oct
Posted By: northtexascrappiehunter

Re: Lake Lewisville crappie - 06/06/16 11:05 PM

Originally Posted By: BMC
I'm taking my brother in law and nephew out tomorrow to try for crappie. With me being new to both crappie fishing and lewisville does have any tips to point me in the right direction? TIA.

were you in a red aluminum ranger?
Posted By: BMC

Re: Lake Lewisville crappie - 06/07/16 12:42 AM

Yes sir.
Posted By: Sigav8r

Re: Lake Lewisville crappie - 06/28/16 02:20 AM

How's the west side of LL? I know Mr Paty has the east side brushed out but is the west side any good?
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Lake Lewisville crappie - 06/28/16 09:43 PM

I haven't done very well on the west side during this time of year. Although, I have caught some fish in the timber by Pilot Knoll park before.
Posted By: Sigav8r

Re: Lake Lewisville crappie - 06/28/16 10:16 PM

Thanks FA2! Looks like west side is mainly fishing the bridge then I take it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum