Texas Fishing Forum

nymphs

Posted By: leanin post

nymphs - 06/03/16 06:21 PM

anybody know how to do these?
Posted By: leanin post

Re: nymphs - 06/03/16 06:26 PM

the mayfly hatch should be on., or real soon. these are why I think colors like texas toast work so well. I have some squirrel tails I can send someone who wants to make some nymphs in trade for making me some nymphs.
I also have some very rare blue squirrel tails. they are called blue squirrels, but are actually black. tails vary alot, by state, country and region. the rare tails I have come from one region of russia. They hardly ever come up for sale, and its usually just one to 3 tails.
Even rarer is the albino blue squirrel which has a red tail. I only have one of those.
Posted By: keyboard

Re: nymphs - 06/03/16 06:42 PM

There pretty easy to do. Give Skip Nantz a call he does some really good ones. You can PM him.
Posted By: Jerry T.

Re: nymphs - 06/04/16 12:34 AM

Throw an extra feather in when you build your tail. Just before you finish your jig and after you've laid your chenille, wrap one of the feathers back around the body of the jig (from the tail of the jig to the head of it) and secure it into place with your finish knot.

Thicker feathers work best.

I'm sure there's other ways to tie these but this is my favorite way. Let me know if I'm being too vague and I can't throw together a step-by-step with pictures.
Posted By: charlief1

Re: nymphs - 06/04/16 02:05 AM

To make it simplified, it's a woolly bugger with a squirrel tail on a jig hook.
Posted By: rockhopper

Re: nymphs - 06/06/16 02:50 AM

Don't normally sell baits but I could pour you some of these. Send me a PM if you're interested.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum