Texas Fishing Forum

Lavon today

Posted By: Hancock's Guide Service

Lavon today - 06/02/16 01:40 AM

Cancelled trip due to weather chances then couldn't stand it so took my boys out to fish some timber I have yet to fish this year. Caught over 80 and kept 50 keepers between 1pm and 4pm. Standing timber in 19-25' water fish suspended 12-18' deep. White/chartruse rocky tops. This will get old cause this pattern will hold up til October. Best fish today was a 1.79#.
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 02:00 AM

Never gets old! woot

Same pattern on Hubbard. Fished the rain this morning. It was nice and cool.

Great post

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 03:12 AM

The fishing never gets old, posting same results may for some readers is what I meant.
Posted By: Los Lagos

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 04:37 PM

I have read your posts for a while, thanks for sharing. I found small numbers in the area you are fishing, this past Sunday, took to long to find them the boys were done by the time we got to the right depth.

Come to find out our boys go to school together. look forward to meeting you sometime.
Greg
Posted By: Texoma1

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 06:18 PM

Same here got your post. You are and have always been to the point. Keep posting Jerry no fluffy stuff needed. Facts only from you will be fine.

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 06:48 PM

We only got to fish about 3 hours today before storm ran us off. Kept 35. Lake has come up about a foot. Most fish are still suspended 14-18' deep.

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 06:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Los Lagos
I have read your posts for a while, thanks for sharing. I found small numbers in the area you are fishing, this past Sunday, took to long to find them the boys were done by the time we got to the right depth.

Come to find out our boys go to school together. look forward to meeting you sometime.
Greg

Hope to meet you as well. Glad you found a few. The correct depth is critical. Keep it in the -12-18' range. I start at 12 and go down 2' at a time til i find them.

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 06:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Texoma1
Same here got your post. You are and have always been to the point. Keep posting Jerry no fluffy stuff needed. Facts only from you will be fine.

Thank you.
Posted By: Hawgball

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 06:59 PM

I am new to fishing on Lavon, thanks for the depth your catching at but is there a general area of the lake you go to...I am not looking for your spots just want to catch some fish. Thanks again for the info.

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 07:07 PM

Hey Jerry, found the Lund Hat the other day, that when you took Al Lindner fishing for Blues that time at Lavon. Remember Lindner, you, Paul, and Wally had sighned it. That was about the time the Band Sleeping at the Wheels lead singer Autographed your ProVee Boat at the Ft Worth Boat Show. Good times back then, sure is good having you back. What was the lead singers name?
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 07:42 PM

Ray Benson

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Ray Benson
Thank You, was at the tip of my tongue.
Posted By: crappieman1985

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 08:43 PM

Beats the spawn, with all the little fish spread out down the banks, who wants to fish like that? I prefer the other months. . . forget spring with the up and down weather and water too!
Posted By: Gamblinman

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 08:44 PM

Asleep at the Wheel. Great band

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamblinman
Asleep at the Wheel. Great band
Jerry new who he was when he walked in the door. Me being the AC DC Rock guy had no clue. We all stood around and talked like we had known each other for ever. Very nice guy Ray Benson.

Re: Lavon today - 06/02/16 10:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Hawgball
I am new to fishing on Lavon, thanks for the depth your catching at but is there a general area of the lake you go to...I am not looking for your spots just want to catch some fish. Thanks again for the info.

There is timber north of Tickey creek boat ramp on the east arm and deep timber on the west arm east of brockdale boat ramp. The timber between mallard park and the railroad tressle. I've caught fish on all of it this week
Posted By: OFBHWG

Re: Lavon today - 06/04/16 01:06 AM

GREAT DAY JERRY! THANKS
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum