Texas Fishing Forum

Paying Off For Donations

Posted By: keyboard

Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 12:47 AM

Well guys trip 2 is in the books, Mike Utley came all the way up from Huntsville to get in on some docks. Had a good day before the wind started to rock and roll and managed to get him his limit with a couple of bonus fish.

He could shoot pretty good and only lost about 10 jigs and broke one rod but we had a good time, we will have to do it again sometime.

Thanks for donating.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 02:20 AM

Looks like a nice mess of fish...
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 03:24 AM

thumb
Posted By: pepop

Re: Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 06:43 AM

WTG Mike & Larry! Excellent pile of dock fish! Mike, I'll have you some replacement jigs ready for tomorrow's mail!
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 11:16 AM

That is awesome! banana Glad the weather cooperated long enough for him to get a limit! Worth the drive and he did a great thing! cheers Way to go!
Posted By: Floorboss

Re: Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 02:05 PM

I really enjoyed the fishing trip Glad I could help. Back in the day when I Coached Baseball we had cake sales and rent a kid to clean your yard. I enjoyed asking all the questions and picking you mind so I can learn from your experiances. One more question about fishing brush piles in a clear water lake. Do fish right on top of the brush piles or do I make the pile and fish 20-30 ft way and cast to the pile. I mainly fish Lake Livingston which is a off-color lake and I fish right on top of the brush piles. But clear water lakes are a problem to me. Thanks again.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 02:16 PM

Nice haul! thumb

Side Note: Broken Rod and 10 lost jigs! Rough tackle day for sure! eeks Again nice mess of fish and good times is what it is all about. cheers
Posted By: REDGUN

Re: Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 03:16 PM

SWEET!!!

Can't wait to get out there next week.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 03:19 PM

Good looking slabs and heck of a deal keyboard thumb thumb
Posted By: keyboard

Re: Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 03:21 PM

Floorboss is good folks all the way around.
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Floorboss
I really enjoyed the fishing trip Glad I could help. Back in the day when I Coached Baseball we had cake sales and rent a kid to clean your yard. I enjoyed asking all the questions and picking you mind so I can learn from your experiances. One more question about fishing brush piles in a clear water lake. Do fish right on top of the brush piles or do I make the pile and fish 20-30 ft way and cast to the pile. I mainly fish Lake Livingston which is a off-color lake and I fish right on top of the brush piles. But clear water lakes are a problem to me. Thanks again.

Floorboss, my experience with clear water is get about 15 feet from your brush pile and pitch across and let it sink. HI-vis line really helps, because most bites will be on the fall with a good amount of slack in the line. The HI-vis line will let you see where your line enters the water and will let you see if it stops suddenly or gets slammed with the slack in it. 2cents
Posted By: Floorboss

Re: Paying Off For Donations - 05/26/16 09:12 PM

Thank-you red snappa; I am trying to learn about different situations. I live in Huntsville and sometimes I fish the State Lake (Lake Raven), I can catch fish when it is overcast or windy, bur clear windless days are tough. I am glad it only costs $3.50 for the entrance fee. Thank you for the information I will use it the next time I get to go.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum