Texas Fishing Forum

Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening

Posted By: HV Lurenut

Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/25/16 03:55 PM

Yesterday was a long crappy day at work. Left office in Ft. Worth at 5:05 and decided to hit the lake. Made it through traffic to launched the boat and pull away from the dock at 6:30. First crappie hit the deck at 6:36. Fished a Brush Glider in silver with chartreuse tail(silver shad?) in 12'- 15'. Action was constant. Fish where as shallow as 3' to hugging the bottom. Best fish was a 13". Water was very clear with about 2' of visibility. Majority of fish where legal but just over 10". At 8:01, number 20 hit the deck and I decided to call it a day. All fished where released and by 9:00, was at Blue Goose Cantina having a Margarita and ordering dinner. Was a nice salvage on a long day.
Posted By: CPR

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/25/16 04:10 PM

thumb thumb
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/25/16 05:52 PM

Looks like LL is becoming a black crappie majority lake. Gotta love it!

Rudy
Posted By: DFW-fisherman

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/25/16 07:14 PM

Do love it! thumb
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/25/16 07:24 PM

Nice work HV Lurenut thumb

welcome to the TFF!!!
Posted By: Quesogrande

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/25/16 07:44 PM

Awesome! I hope I have some luck this weekend!

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/25/16 08:40 PM

Lovfldx,
Picked up one of these guys as well. Don't see them often, but neat to catch. I believe they are some kind of Black Crappie as well.

Posted By: stewage

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/25/16 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: HV Lurenut
Lovfldx,
Picked up one of these guys as well. Don't see them often, but neat to catch. I believe they are some kind of Black Crappie as well.

I know you can find them in other lakes, but Lewisville is the only lake I've ever caught up one of those. It is certainly a black crappie. Apparently it is a dominant gene, so over the years I would expect to find more and more of them at this lake.

Good to hear all those tiny crappie I threw back into Lewisville last year are making it to 10 inches!
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/26/16 03:24 AM

thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/26/16 03:49 AM

Nice post! thumb
Posted By: crope1

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/26/16 07:02 AM

welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted By: Quesogrande
Awesome! I hope I have some luck this weekend!
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/26/16 10:28 PM

I asked Bonehead thru their web site about the Brush Gliders 5 days ago. Especially the one that was posted last week green head big eye, Clear sparkly jig with the white tail. There were kind of enough to never respond. So much for Bonehead.

Re: Lewisville 5/24/16 Crappy day became Crappie evening - 05/27/16 02:33 AM

Thanks for the welcome guys. I have lurked around the site for years. Decided its time to start paying some of it back.
BR Tom, I went to Fun N Sun in Hurst and chose from what they had on the shelf. They are great looking jigs when you swim them. Have a whole lot of presence in the water. Like the colors as well. I also went to Bonehead's web site and saw they had a lot more offerings that I want to try.
I think I saw the same ones you did in someone's post and it turns out the Brush Gliders don't come with the big eyed jig heads. Same as Bobby Garlands and others where they are selling bodies only. I just fished them on a 1/16 plain lead jig head. They are also very durable. I caught about 15 the other night on the same jig body that caught about a dozen the week before.
Want to try their jigs in a couple of other situations and then I'm going to try their web site. From what I've seen in other post, they are well thought of.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum