Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine help

Posted By: Randy Hurt

Palestine help - 05/15/16 02:48 PM

spending the week with kiddos on Palestine. Would love to get them on crappie. Are they still shallow? Any help would be great...
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Palestine help - 05/15/16 03:29 PM

I would try under the bridges, timber and brush piles. The shallow bite is pretty much done and they are setting in on the summer pattern. Maybe someone with more Palestine experience can narrow it down for you a bit. Good luck with the kiddos. thumb

Re: Palestine help - 05/15/16 04:03 PM

Thank uou
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Palestine help - 05/15/16 04:05 PM

Fish the crossmembers on the 155 bridge. Keep moving and picking fish off here and there. fish
Good luck!!!
Posted By: Kylefield

Re: Palestine help - 05/15/16 04:08 PM

If you have graph go find brush in 15-20 feet. Start fishing bait at top of pile then vary depth. I personally despise minnows so I use 1/8 ounce jigs. something with yellow or white works well. If no graph hang around bridges or standing timber.

If you don't catch anything and your kids want to catch fish there is a boat load of white bass and hybrids on the wind swept points. 1/2-1 ounce silver slabs work well. Cast out let slab fall to bottom crank 2-5 times, let fall back to bottom repeat. Once you find a pattern its Game on.

Good Luck and make sure to get a map. The water is high but their are still hazards out there.

Re: Palestine help - 05/16/16 06:12 PM

I really appreciate the help. We tied up to some structure and did ok. Caught one that was 2# we will try it again in the morning. I do have good graphs. I'll try to fish brush tomorrow...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum