Texas Fishing Forum

Benbrook

Posted By: shadrap

Benbrook - 05/03/16 03:54 PM

i saw today where Benbrook is up 8.73 so if there is a place to launch it must be the parking lot at the marina. also they must be letting zero water out. of course we know the crappie are there and they like to eat but they have so many places to go they are hard to find. after the flood of 16 feet last may i did not catch any crappie until july. last year and some this year i have fished in the flooded new water without any luck. hard to fish when all the timber is underwater. before all this high water, i thought normal level was about 8ft low. at 3 feet above normal the ramp at mustang is underwater. you have no problem launching because the brush is visible on both sides of the ramp. but the ramp is underwater. maybe i should fish in around the dam. any suggestions?
Posted By: bucsfan69

Re: Benbrook - 05/03/16 07:08 PM

Ramp at the marina IS up in the parking lot again, and im in the same boat as you in regards to the crappie

Re: Benbrook - 05/03/16 09:08 PM

thanks bucsfan69.
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Benbrook - 05/04/16 02:41 AM

We just sold our house on lake Arlington and are buying a house 5 min from BB lake, hopefully it will be fishable in a month or so. Im looking forward to learning this lake.
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Benbrook - 05/04/16 04:42 PM

BB is a tough lake but can also give up some HOGS. Good luck Grenadaslabs and make sure you idle around for a while you're first couple times out. There is some haymaker timber in there.
Posted By: 184Champion

Re: Benbrook - 05/04/16 05:18 PM

I tried it Saturday before last and didn't have any luck. I did see 2 big crappie floating dead. 1 by the dam and one in Richardson.

Re: Benbrook - 05/04/16 05:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Stucky76
BB is a tough lake but can also give up some HOGS. Good luck Grenadaslabs and make sure you idle around for a while you're first couple times out. There is some haymaker timber in there.

Thanks stucky, I've been on it a few times. Mainly idling around. LA has gotten almost Impossible to Catch more than few keepers. Not sure why , been scratching my head on that for awhile now.

Re: Benbrook - 05/04/16 09:47 PM

they are letting water out now. the lake level is 5.96.

Re: Benbrook - 05/09/16 09:08 PM

where do the fish go when the water is 8 ft high like it was at benbrook? you would think they might go into the flooded parts of the lake. new territory, new food sources. bait fish might go first. what do you think? i know the crappie have been very hard to find. last of march, april, and may are usually great fishing. i have caught 6 keeper crappie from march to now.

Re: Benbrook - 05/10/16 01:40 AM

this is what makes it fun, If they were on the same spot every trip it would be boring at least for me anyway. but my guess would be on trees , even though most are under water .
Posted By: fishing_ken

Re: Benbrook - 05/10/16 02:16 PM

I have some really good sources on BB. We will find them James!

Re: Benbrook - 05/10/16 05:12 PM

most of the fun went away on the 5th trip. i think i will go back when the water is 3 to 6ft low or at least until the timber is visible. How about lake Alvarado? anyone having any luck? i really don't expect a response. i understand lake alvarado is rather small.
Posted By: Snagalager

Re: Benbrook - 05/10/16 11:04 PM

Only baby craps are bitting at Alvadoodoo

Re: Benbrook - 05/11/16 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: fishing_ken
I have some really good sources on BB. We will find them James!

Once I get moved, lets hit it ken!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum