Texas Fishing Forum

Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing

Posted By: Clintimus

Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing - 04/21/16 03:55 AM

I'm new to the site and the community here seems awesome. I've been looking for spots to crappie fish in Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon area because I live near Greenville, any tips would help. I'm a college student looking to catch some crappie over the Summer while I still have time.
Posted By: kodys'papa

Re: Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing - 04/21/16 10:43 AM

Welcome aboard and happy birthday.
If you are bank bound, get out there NOW. Won't be long before you need a boat to chase crappie
Tawakoni crappie are shallow trying to spawn
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing - 04/21/16 11:20 AM

welcome Clintimus! Exactly what kodys'papa said. Every lake you listed is nearing the bulk of the spawn for crappie. This full moon should pretty well push them on the banks and finish the majority of the remaining spawn. After next week most will be transitioning to their summer spots, where you will need a boat in most cases. Wading will produce good numbers for you right now. Good luck and welcome to the forum! Good luck with your studies also!
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing - 04/21/16 03:09 PM

Originally Posted By: kodys'papa
Welcome aboard and happy birthday.
If you are bank bound, get out there NOW. Won't be long before you need a boat to chase crappie
Tawakoni crappie are shallow trying to spawn

Are they still working on the new 2 mile bridge? Last time I was out there was a couple of years ago and they seemed to be pretty far along.
Posted By: larry mays

Re: Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing - 04/21/16 05:12 PM

Couple of weeks ago they was still on the bridge, but now looks like they only like 2-3 miles being done.

Re: Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing - 04/21/16 05:27 PM

Originally Posted By: larry mays
Couple of weeks ago they was still on the bridge, but now looks like they only like 2-3 miles being done.

I was hoping to take my tube out there in the next few weeks but will hold off till the construction is done. Thank you for the update!

Re: Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing - 04/21/16 05:34 PM

Don't think I would wait it out, the thing looks like they may have to wait on money some time. That does happen a lot after you get away from DFW. And it not that bad.

Re: Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing - 04/21/16 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: larry mays
Don't think I would wait it out, the thing looks like they may have to wait on money some time. That does happen a lot after you get away from DFW. And it not that bad.
That's good to know. I will have to go out and see what I can catch off of the bridge soon.

Re: Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing - 04/21/16 07:31 PM

Notice you left Cooper off, with that much time you may want to what is going on over there.
Posted By: Clintimus

Re: Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing - 04/22/16 07:32 AM

Yeah I'm not far from cooper either
Posted By: crope1

Re: Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon fishing - 04/23/16 03:33 AM

welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted By: Clintimus
I'm new to the site and the community here seems awesome. I've been looking for spots to crappie fish in Tawakoni/Fork/Lavon area because I live near Greenville, any tips would help. I'm a college student looking to catch some crappie over the Summer while I still have time.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum