Texas Fishing Forum

STAMFORD TX

Posted By: feagan12

STAMFORD TX - 04/17/16 11:49 PM

Anyone on here from stamford wanting a report on the lake
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: STAMFORD TX - 04/18/16 12:22 AM

I'm not from there, but I have bud that has a place there and I'm sure he would be interested...
Posted By: Stopper

Re: STAMFORD TX - 04/18/16 12:50 AM

It rained all night last night, and all day today. No one fishing today.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: STAMFORD TX - 04/18/16 04:18 PM

Sounds like Stamford is full.... again!
Posted By: SlabbedSilly

Re: STAMFORD TX - 04/18/16 07:58 PM

From what I hear, Stamford is tough as it is recovering from golden algae....Mud Dabber is the man to ask if you need any info for the Abilene area.
Posted By: MUD-DABBER

Re: STAMFORD TX - 04/18/16 08:57 PM

Visited Lake Stamford this Monday a.m. Talked a long time with the Stamford Marina Owner, Vance Proctor, here are his comments:
1) Rained approximately 2.5 inches this weekend and the water continues to run over the spillway.
2). Blue cat are biting very good on juglines and trotlines-A lot of different types of baits
3). All Spring he has observed one (1) legal 10 inch crappie. He stated he thinks there are two different spawns of crappie in the lake with some 8 inch fish and some 4-5 inch fish. He states that many people are trying crappie minnows and jigs and are just not catching any crappie. What few are being caught seem to be rare enough people are taking pictures of short fish.
4). Black bass are slow
5). A few legal white bass are being caught

Forecast seems to be really slow for everything except blue cats. Lakes will get minor runoff right now from the rains, but should it get a deluge in the area, the lake could flood, but currently it is not in danger.

Sorry, I have not tried myself, but coming from a marina owner, it sounds truthful, how many are not going to stretch the truth to get more customers.

Good Fishing,
Mud-Dabber
Posted By: feagan12

Re: STAMFORD TX - 04/19/16 12:39 AM

Fished fort phantom the other day had a few good fish haven't tried stamford but live in hamlin fished stamford as a kid may just have to go try it
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum