Texas Fishing Forum

Just wanted to share...

Posted By: DavisGuideService

Just wanted to share... - 04/17/16 06:24 PM

Since Im stuck indoors today just thought I would share the products that we have been using this year and some of the results.

Ill start with the rods, I think a majority of people on this site are familiar boneheadtackle.com and there rods are hands down the best I've used. If your fishing trees or brush there's no worse feeling then getting thumped setting the hook and to have the fish wrap you up. I prefer them because there super sensitive but stiff enough pull the fish out of brush/limb before you get wrapped. yes they are more expensive than your average crappie rod but worth every penny.

the baits are mikes custom baits, he can make you any color you like. I know he's little backed up from fishing crappie masters lat weekend, but these are well worth the wait.best colors have been silver/chart pink/black.

as well as boneheads 3" slimsticks have been producing some good quality fish,best colors for me has been crystal and blue ice.

The jig heads are made by timmytoms.com , the WSD is a bladed weedless jig and thats about all I've been using all year. they work great for flipping a slip cork into thick shrubs or dipping trees/brush and not getting hung.

The ones on the right are the WSD and the top left are designed for casting over a brush pile and dragging in thru it.

And last but not least slabslobber is something that Ive been using for quite awhile now and don't fish without it.

Here are a few of the fish me and my tournament partner CELLIS have caught recently using these products.

[img]https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/04/full-79526-108064-img_3966.jpg[/img]
[img]https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/04/full-79526-108065-img_3976.jpg[/img]
[img]https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/04/full-79526-108066-img_3987.jpg[/img]
[img]https://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics/usergals/2016/04/full-79526-108067-img_3989.jpg[/img]

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/17/16 06:26 PM

Posted By: Anchorman

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/17/16 06:33 PM

Nicely done! Its always interesting to see what others are using to put them in the boat. Good job boys!
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/17/16 06:35 PM

I wasn't sure about getting the proper hook set with the weedless jigheads but after the lake Palestine tournament I'm now a fan on weedless. They certainly came in handy fishing grass and we had no problems with hook ups.
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/17/16 09:20 PM

thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/17/16 09:28 PM

Awesome post. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/17/16 10:07 PM

Good stuff man...

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/18/16 12:07 AM

Thanks guys I've learned a lot from this forum and from some great guys I connected with on here that I call friends now. Im not even close to being a great crappie fisherman but I try to give back what I can, and share what works for me.
Posted By: Spiderman

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/18/16 12:33 AM

Weedless Jigheads are the way to go. They are a little more expensive but you don't lose many of them.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/18/16 12:49 AM

Nice.
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/18/16 12:40 PM

thumb
Posted By: Carver

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/18/16 12:55 PM

Great post. thanks for sharing.
Posted By: BrazosRiverTom

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/18/16 01:08 PM

I went to the bonehead web page, and little windows keep popping up saying spry.. needs spry...
decided I do not know what that is so I will not return to that web site till I hear that is fixed.

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/18/16 01:34 PM

Originally Posted By: BrazosRiverTom
I went to the bonehead web page, and little windows keep popping up saying spry.. needs spry...
decided I do not know what that is so I will not return to that web site till I hear that is fixed.

Just went to see what your seeing. Randomly hit product after product. Saw no problem.

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/18/16 01:38 PM

I looked up spry. It's some kind of Web hosting. You must have a virus if you getting pop ups that tell you to get spry.

Re: Just wanted to share... - 04/18/16 05:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Tommy Ezell
I wasn't sure about getting the proper hook set with the weedless jigheads but after the lake Palestine tournament I'm now a fan on weedless. They certainly came in handy fishing grass and we had no problems with hook ups.

I haven't noticed A difference other that almost never retying.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum