Texas Fishing Forum

Incredible big fish year so far!!!!

Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/05/16 04:33 PM

This year I have had 6 crappie OVER 3# come in............and 5 of them are from TEXAS!!! Now I can see somebody giving me a holler every now and then with a BIG TEXAS crappie. BUT......this dude last week....................brings in TWO!!!!!!!!!!
2!!!!

This fish has been frozen, thawed and I washed all the slime off to skin and THEN I put it on the scales!!!!!!!!

I have caught my share of 2#s with a 2.86# best...........but NEVER a 3# yet and this dude brings in 2!!!!!!!!!!!

Granger record broke!!!! One here, one there!!!!!!! Have had a fish come in every day for almost 2 weeks and 2 fish on Thursday, Friday and Saturday!!!! Good year to be crappie fishing in Tejas!!!
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/05/16 05:06 PM

eek2

Congrats to the angler.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/05/16 07:06 PM

If someone could put one of those monsters in a bathtub, I might be able to catch it after say maybe 2-3 days.
Posted By: dwmoore

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/05/16 08:02 PM

I agree with ya Ken if they put it in a bathtub you could catch it in 2 or 3 days I have no doubt about you da man.ha Darrell
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/05/16 08:09 PM

I know I'd try real hard. And maybe not drown while I'm at it. roflmao
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/05/16 08:45 PM

Buddy in Louisiana put a big Ol flathead in the bathtub while he went to his shift at the papermill!! His wife wasn't too happy she couldn't take a bath when she got home from work and he had forgotten to tell her!! I wasn't even with him and somehow I got a call and blamed for it!! I had to go clean a fish and the tub for a fish I had nothing to do with!! Figured he wouldn't want the belly meat so that came home with me!! grill
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/05/16 09:23 PM

thumb
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/05/16 11:01 PM

Banger you got to hold more 3 pounders than anyone I know.

You missed a heck of a opportunity on April 1st to pull the wool over our eyes with all them 3's you got stack up. Just saying.

One day, one of these days.
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/05/16 11:47 PM

All the rains the past 2 years are finally paying off. thumb
Posted By: sac-a lait boy

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/06/16 01:24 PM

Thanks for doing the mounts on the two 3 lbers. Hopefully next week I'll catch another 3 on vacation. I appreciate the offer you made me yesterday.
Posted By: moonriver

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/06/16 03:00 PM

A true giant.

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/06/16 03:02 PM

Originally Posted By: sac-a lait boy
Thanks for doing the mounts on the two 3 lbers. Hopefully next week I'll catch another 3 on vacation. I appreciate the offer you made me yesterday.

No problem!!! Thank you!!!! Get another 3#er!!!! O heck with that...................get a 4!!!!! scared

You will have one good looking and impressive crappie display!!!!! Great deal also!!!!!!!!!!
Posted By: jrc

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/06/16 07:31 PM

One of these days, I'll get one. Good fish
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/07/16 12:32 AM

thumb
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/07/16 04:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
If someone could put one of those monsters in a bathtub, I might be able to catch it after say maybe 2-3 days.

Hey Ken, you could always spider rig for it, might save some time!! Lol. bolt

Yea, seriously...If I ever found a 3lb honey hole...I would take that sucker to my grave...

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/26/16 01:29 PM

3.10# black crappie and a @2# very dark white crappie male!
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/26/16 03:15 PM

Congrats, a 3+ lb crappie is a true trophy.... thumb I didn't weigh 2 fish over 18" inches last yr, biggest we've ever caught. I have know idea what a fish that long and thick would weigh. They were caught in November on Fork, this yr on my berkley scales we've had 2.14 0z. 2.6oz all off the dock in 6' foot.. As you claim, it's been a good yr for size grin numbers too.
Posted By: POP N CORK

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/27/16 02:18 AM

I WILL be going with you on my next fish. I have a big striper at Fish Scale Taxidermy in the Waco area. It's been almost three years and I'm not happy. There is no reason for that at all. Do you do replicas too?
Posted By: wacorusty

Re: Incredible big fish year so far!!!! - 04/27/16 03:24 AM

I've seen these fish. Bill, I don't think the pics do them justice. flehan
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum