Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Whitney Crappie

Posted By: FishWrangler2

Lake Whitney Crappie - 04/01/16 10:49 PM

Howdy folks!

Planning on taking my boat out on Lake Whitney tomorrow afternoon and wanted to see if anyone had any advice for catching some "papermouths" out there? I'm going out with a buddy for a birthday blast and cast as we're gonna try to find some turkeys on Sunday morning. I've never tried to catch them out there before, but I thought I might give it a shot tomorrow. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: mike9582

Re: Lake Whitney Crappie - 04/02/16 03:04 AM

I caught quite a few accidentally a few days ago in steele creek while catching bait.
Posted By: crope1

Re: Lake Whitney Crappie - 04/02/16 04:23 AM

welcome to the forum!
Originally Posted By: FishWrangler2
Howdy folks!

Planning on taking my boat out on Lake Whitney tomorrow afternoon and wanted to see if anyone had any advice for catching some "papermouths" out there? I'm going out with a buddy for a birthday blast and cast as we're gonna try to find some turkeys on Sunday morning. I've never tried to catch them out there before, but I thought I might give it a shot tomorrow. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Posted By: marschall

Re: Lake Whitney Crappie - 04/02/16 09:33 AM

Try in the back side of Juniper Cove
Posted By: CustomCedarKayak

Re: Lake Whitney Crappie - 04/03/16 12:32 AM

You might try the boathouses in the creek at Redwood Lodge. Specifically the big three stall on the left as you are headed into that cove. We don't own it any longer but when we did we sunk tons of Christmas trees under that sucker for years. Always had crappie under it. Hated to lose the place but just couldn't justify keeping it any longer.
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Lake Whitney Crappie - 04/03/16 01:37 AM

Howdy folks!

welcome
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Lake Whitney Crappie - 04/04/16 04:17 AM

Howdy folks!

So did you catch any crappie?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum