Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Granger

Posted By: SpeciesFisherman

Lake Granger - 03/31/16 02:40 PM

Hello, I would like to try to go crappie fishing for the first time on Lake Granger. I have been on the lake before for catfish and white bass so i know they lake pretty well. I just have a few questions to ask. How do you navigate the stump field on granger? I have a bass boat. I went to the creeks for the white bass run but my propeller took a good beating. I know there is a route that you are suppose to take. Can someone help me navigate through the minefield? I also know that there are a lot of brush piles on Lake Granger. I heard that the Gas Station near the lake sells a map with all the structure marked. We don't have good electronics but we do have a navigation system.

Re: Lake Granger - 03/31/16 02:45 PM

Are the crappie spawning yet? That means that you need to go shallow right?
Posted By: TX0303

Re: Lake Granger - 03/31/16 04:19 PM

Are you wanting a path up into the river or looking for places to fish in the stumps?

Re: Lake Granger - 03/31/16 06:28 PM

I am mostly looking for a path to go up the creeks.
Posted By: Big Zee

Re: Lake Granger - 03/31/16 09:35 PM

most people go up the river by their gps systems now days. In some spot you get a little off one way or the other your in the stumps. If you can get in touch with Salty Dawg, he's the best one on Granger to talk about electronics with.
Posted By: TurboDan

Re: Lake Granger - 03/31/16 11:30 PM

Originally Posted By: SpeciesFisherman
Hello, I would like to try to go crappie fishing for the first time on Lake Granger. I have been on the lake before for catfish and white bass so i know they lake pretty well. I just have a few questions to ask. How do you navigate the stump field on granger? I have a bass boat. I went to the creeks for the white bass run but my propeller took a good beating. I know there is a route that you are suppose to take. Can someone help me navigate through the minefield? I also know that there are a lot of brush piles on Lake Granger. I heard that the Gas Station near the lake sells a map with all the structure marked. We don't have good electronics but we do have a navigation system.

Fish the main lake for crappie now. You can find BP anywhere in 8' to 10' of water at normal lake level. Also a few good places to fish shallow. Don't attempt to go up river unless you have a track or someone to follow. That still doesn't mean you won't damage prop, like I did earlier in the year.
Posted By: SaltyDawg88

Re: Lake Granger - 04/01/16 12:55 AM

What Gazn357 said!
Posted By: Gdogg89

Re: Lake Granger - 04/01/16 05:12 PM

That river changes a bunch every year. Be careful and take it slow if you go. I agree, I would fish the main lake area.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum