Texas Fishing Forum

Abilene area reports

Posted By: fishonmyline

Abilene area reports - 03/31/16 12:03 AM

Anyone having any luck with spawning crappie. I've been a few times with little to no success at Fort Phantom. Looking for some shallow water reports for the area. Phantom, Oak Creek, Hubbard Creek, Miller Creek and Stamford. Just wondering how everyone is doing so far.
Posted By: MUD-DABBER

Re: Abilene area reports - 03/31/16 10:21 AM

Reports I am getting are all poor to fair; especially shallow. Remember it is only March and it normally take 4 or 5 days of 70 plus degree days, but most importantly it seems the nights have to have 55 degree lows for 4 or 5 days to get them cranked up good. Smaller lakes seem to have the better fishing right now. Phantom, Miller Creek and Stamford are running over the spillways.

Good Fishing,
Mud-Dabber
Posted By: Time4Fun

Re: Abilene area reports - 04/06/16 01:32 PM

Thinking of giving it a go this morning. Though not sure i should bother with crappie yet. Maybe some hybrids off the dam. I may fish some shallow rocks and see if any have moved in yet.
Posted By: windfarm1

Re: Abilene area reports - 04/09/16 03:16 PM

I went 2 days ago and caught 8 only 2 were keepers at Phantom. I fished everywhere BUT the intake. All of them were still in 10+ feet of water. Water temp was 62-63 degrees.
Posted By: fishonmyline

Re: Abilene area reports - 04/10/16 12:31 AM

I'm still on the search for the shallow bite myself with no luck. Gotta be soon. May give it a try tomorrow afternoon.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum