Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Leon vs. lake weatherford?

Posted By: Fishinguru89

Lake Leon vs. lake weatherford? - 03/27/16 03:30 PM

Does anyone have any advise on which one to go to tomorrow? Never fished weatherford and only leon once. I will be from the bank. Saw a post about weatherfords fishin barge, but have seen a lot of brush and timber down by Leona damn off some docks. Any advise would sure be appreciated. Thanks!
Posted By: Thunk

Re: Lake Leon vs. lake weatherford? - 03/27/16 05:21 PM

Hey man how's this? I lived in Weatherford for 16 yrs. and considered it JOY to go somewhere and actually catch crappie. More than one or two. Go to La Mancha on Leon and pay your 5 dollars to fish the boat slips. Take minnows and Jigs. Different colors work well there but blues, silvers, a little flash like a roadrunner head doesn't hurt. Electric chicken works, black and chartreuse need to be in your jig arsenal as well. Fish shallow earlier and deeper later. Move around the slips. Plenty of cover there. This time of year I would have slip bobbers ready for minnows and jigs to test the shallow water and deeper. Nice thing about La Mancha is that it has graduating depths to play with. Weatherford is just a dishpan with cover. PM me if you would like more detailed info. than this.
Posted By: Fishinguru89

Re: Lake Leon vs. lake weatherford? - 03/27/16 05:49 PM

Thank you Thunk! That is a huge help I love fishing slips and hope I can find some! I will PM you I have just a couple more questions! I really appreciate it!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum