Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Lavon

Posted By: crappie yaker

Lake Lavon - 03/25/16 03:26 AM

What are the crappie doing in Lavon? Are they shallow yet or are they catching them on the 380 bridge yet or does it have to warm up a little more? Sorry for all the questions but I grew up on that lake and know it well but I live in Denton and work in Irving so I don't go that direction much unless I'm fishing.
Posted By: smileycntfish

Re: Lake Lavon - 03/25/16 03:47 AM

Been kinda slow caught a few by 380 but not many!!
Posted By: DFW Fish Taco

Re: Lake Lavon - 03/25/16 09:00 AM

If you live in Denton go to Ray Roberts! Awesome crappie lake.
Posted By: Bigskippy

Re: Lake Lavon - 03/25/16 01:33 PM

You can catch them below the dam at Lavon. That's where they all are.
Posted By: junebugz

Re: Lake Lavon - 03/25/16 02:43 PM

You can only catch'em on top of the wall to the far left...Good Luck getting there first. I've heard people staying out there all night just to get that spot to fish in the morning. Also, the fish at the dam only turn on for a few hours through out the day, but most crappie being caught are in that location. Besides, its about to get warm and crappie should be in the shallow's all over the lake soon..
Posted By: crappie yaker

Re: Lake Lavon - 03/25/16 06:36 PM

Thank you guys for the info. I do fish Ray Roberts and Lewisville a lot. I fish Lavon because I know where to find them year after year during the spawn. As long as they go shallow that is.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Lake Lavon - 03/25/16 09:35 PM

Exactly what Junebugz said! I know they were there before they slowed the release! Shad were stupid thick too! Don't know about now tho?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum