Texas Fishing Forum

Anybody have an old fishfinder?

Posted By: Cowboytex

Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/23/16 07:41 PM

Hey guys. Just a shot, but does anyone have an old cheap fishfinder that they've upgraded from? (piranha, eagle, ect.?) I'm wanting to put one on my trolling motor to help me stay on brush better. If it has a trolling motor mount that would be even better! but not required. Not looking to spend much money here just a simple 2d even black and white would be sufficient, I would think. Anyways, if anyone has anything please let me know with a price. I'm located just outside of Bullard, but work in Henderson, and travel all around E. TX.

Also, has anyone mounted a transducer to an i-pilot, and if so did you just have to be careful and watch for the cord wrapping around the shaft? Thanks!
Posted By: 184Champion

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/24/16 01:13 AM

The Hummingbird rep showed me a pic of a side imaging transducer mounted on one and the mounted it to the TM foot as usual but put a spring on the top above the clamp that controls the depth of the TM and then the lead for the transducer was attached to one end of it to allow for the steering. As long as you are not fishing in heavy brush that could get hung up in there I believe it would be OK. Thinking about trying it with a Helix 7 SI on mine
Posted By: wc.hunter27

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/24/16 02:25 AM

I have an older Humminbird I'd trade you for some jigs or something.
Posted By: tpvegas2213

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/24/16 01:20 PM

Where are you located
Posted By: CrappieTX

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/24/16 02:10 PM

I have a Lowrance Elite 4x HDI that I would sell or trade
Posted By: sandegr

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/24/16 02:21 PM

I think I have a couple at the house collecting dust I'll give you.

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/24/16 02:45 PM

Oh wow, thanks guys! Can ya'll send me pics and prices either on here or text me @ 903-980-0098? I don't really have much to trade besides maybe some hand tied jigs but I'm a little limited on colors right now.
I'm located just outside of Bullard, south of Tyler.
Sandegr, that would be awesome! Could you send me pics, and could I pay you to ship?

Thanks again guys, I really appreciate it!
Posted By: Stump jumper

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/24/16 05:20 PM

I have 2 Eagle 320 head units. I would give you one. Tranducer were about $45 last time I checked. I do have a transducer I took off my transom because it quit receiving a signal. Not sure what happened to it. It had been on the boat for only about a year. I can feel it ticking. You can have it too.
Posted By: Gmann

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/24/16 07:42 PM

I have a Humminbird 525 with a trolling motor transducer, worked well for me for the same purpose you are wanting for 3 years now. I'd take $125 shipped to you.

Then of course if Russ is giving you one for free. . . just let me know.

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/25/16 01:17 AM

I am in Tyler and I have 2 I took off my boat you can have I have trolling motor bracket to

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/25/16 02:20 AM

Wow guys I really appreciate it! Tpvegas I will definately take you up on that! Just let me know when I can meet up with you

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/25/16 02:45 AM

This weekend should be fine

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/25/16 03:28 AM

Ok cool. Are you fishing in the creekside tourney Saturday? I'll be there, if not PM me your phone number or text me to my number above and I'll catch up with you. Thanks again man
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/25/16 03:47 PM

Just another post on How great this forum is..... clap

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/25/16 05:19 PM

No doubt!
Posted By: RWjr

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/27/16 02:40 AM

I have a old Humminbird Flasher
Posted By: GoldSpoonr

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/30/16 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By: jiggin el
Just another post on How great this forum is..... clap

Agreed!

Re: Anybody have an old fishfinder? - 03/30/16 09:20 PM

Nice to meet you tpvegas, and thanks again!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum