Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine 3/17/16

Posted By: Cowboytex

Palestine 3/17/16 - 03/18/16 05:20 PM

My brother and I went out yesterday evening about 1 1/2 hr before dark. Now, keep in mind we are terrible crappie fisherman hammer. We found and marked a few brush piles/trees in Saline Bay and fished 2. First one we fished was about 18 FOW and about 2 cranks off bottom, we got hit right off the bat, but these were highly trained ninja crappie with lightning fast reflexes azn. I caught 1 9 1/2" crappie and my brother caught a gou, then no more bites. No action on the second log/tree we fished (just outside Saline Bay in around 12 FOW). We thought about trying shallow but were running out of light so we checked the bridge, nadda. Pylons looked bare as a bone on the graph for the most part. Found a few that looked like they had a couple fish on them but never got a bump. Ran out of light and headed in. We really just wanted to get out for the first trip this year, and get used to trying to read structure on the graph instead of sandbass/hybrids. We had a good time and caught my first fish on my hand tied jigs. Didn't get any pics cause we were getting so many bites at first we thought we would have plenty to take pics of. My brother talked to an old man at the ramp while I was loading the boat. He said he was just out for a little while and went back in the coves and only caught 3. I know its not much of a report but just sharing what I can. fish
Posted By: ATM97

Re: Palestine 3/17/16 - 03/19/16 03:50 PM

Stick with it man. That thump is addictive. Those brudh piles will be loaded in a month or two.
Posted By: DFW Fish Taco

Re: Palestine 3/17/16 - 03/20/16 06:41 AM

Very nice, keep me posted. I haven't ever fished Palestine but have told myself I am gonna go down there in the next 2-3 weeks to take care of some other business. Might as well fish the lake while I am at it!
Posted By: Jerod Pontello

Re: Palestine 3/17/16 - 03/21/16 01:55 AM

Thanks for the report
Posted By: Sangelle

Re: Palestine 3/17/16 - 03/21/16 02:01 AM

Fish around catails 12 inches under a cork. Minnows or jigs. Both produced some monsters on sat. How about 2.92 lb .🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑🤑
Posted By: Cowboytex

Re: Palestine 3/17/16 - 03/21/16 02:26 PM

Yeah I was there, there were some toads brought in eek2. From talking to the guys it seems they're at all depths still right now, some caught shallow like you said, and some on deeper brush. Planning on fishing the Creekside tournament this Saturday. Here's the pic I got of the BF from Sat.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum