Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek Report.

Posted By: crappieking95

Cedar Creek Report. - 03/17/16 01:05 AM

lol long story short is that today was really tough for us. We tried the south end of the lake with not much success. Not 1 keeper crappie matter a fact. oh well that's why it's fishing and not catching. Anyone else have better luck??
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: Cedar Creek Report. - 03/17/16 01:22 AM

It's still a tad bit early. Things will get better as it gets warmer.

Reggie
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Cedar Creek Report. - 03/17/16 01:29 AM

If it would ever stop raining for 2 weeks or so things would improve in a big way... but more rain and a front this weekend. More rain possible in the middle of next week.

Re: Cedar Creek Report. - 03/17/16 07:10 PM

Man we can't get a break from this rain. Gonna make the water even more muddy.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Cedar Creek Report. - 03/17/16 08:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Grainraiser
It's still a tad bit early. Things will get better as it gets warmer.

Reggie
I agree. It wasn`t until around early to mid April for me and Sarge in The Creek off 175 (Cedar Creek) between Kemp & Mabank before we actually caught them consistently.
Posted By: jiggin el

Re: Cedar Creek Report. - 03/18/16 05:48 PM

Originally Posted By: crappieking95
lol long story short is that today was really tough for us. We tried the south end of the lake with not much success. Not 1 keeper crappie matter a fact. oh well that's why it's fishing and not catching. Anyone else have better luck??

Are u in your 2 man ?
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cedar Creek Report. - 03/18/16 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2
If it would ever stop raining for 2 weeks or so things would improve in a big way... but more rain and a front this weekend. More rain possible in the middle of next week.

Even though we can always use the rain sometimes it can make things a little difficult! hmmm Looking at the forecast for our area heavy rain tonight and into tomorrow morning. hammer More heavy rain due by Wednesday of next week! taz Also we will be having a full moon Wednesday. coolio This upcoming Monday and Tuesday should be pretty good days. hooked
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Cedar Creek Report. - 03/18/16 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Originally Posted By: fishin'aholic2

Even though we can always use the rain sometimes it can make things a little difficult! hmmm Looking at the forecast for our area heavy rain tonight and into tomorrow morning. hammer More heavy rain due by Wednesday of next week! taz Also we will be having a full moon Wednesday. coolio This upcoming Monday and Tuesday should be pretty good days. hooked

It's not the rain that's got me...Its Jury Duty! SIGH

Re: Cedar Creek Report. - 03/18/16 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: jiggin el
Originally Posted By: crappieking95

Are u in your 2 man ?
no i didn't take the 2 man this time, I'll be out there with you this summer in those bridges though!
Posted By: CharlieBrown

Re: Cedar Creek Report. - 03/19/16 02:23 AM

I went Wednesday and Thursday with very little luck. Tried the creeks and bridges. Did see the bluebonnets on the way back to fort worth though..... it will be on soon. Headed to lake LBJ Thursday. Warmer down there. Should be happening! Excited!
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Cedar Creek Report. - 03/19/16 03:28 AM

Hit up CC today and it was slow. Dub and I caught some males on the bank but they aren't ready yet. Full moon Wednesday looks like the best time to go. Water temp was 63 when we got on the lake and 67 when we got off.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum