Texas Fishing Forum

Spring break

Posted By: str1249

Spring break - 03/12/16 02:35 AM

Taking my 8 yr old Grandson to Fork next week. Any advice on where we can find crappie would be much appreciated. Shallow, deep, trees, grass, etc. Don't need locations, just some idea of where they're hanging out.
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Spring break - 03/12/16 03:06 AM

I hear some folks are doing good 5 ft or less.
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Spring break - 03/12/16 03:19 AM

Go to the north end of the lake, and find 3-5' water.
Posted By: str1249

Re: Spring break - 03/12/16 05:25 PM

Thanks, guys.
Posted By: HOGON

Re: Spring break - 03/12/16 11:10 PM

We fished Fork today. Fished all the way up North on the west side of the lake all the way up by the power lines. Zero Bites. The territory looked right but zero fish, zero bites.

Fished Birch Creek and Coves Close to Birch Creek. 1 Bite a GAR.
Saw one 10 inch Crappie caught on another boat. It was the only fish I saw anyone catch all day.

Loaded up went to the East Side of the lake. Went all the way up North fished the Running Creek Bridge. Zero Bites. Fished the cove of Running Creek again the territory looked awesome (Hydrilla, Clumps of Grass, Bushes, Totally Calm Water) Zero Bites. We had jigs. We had Minnows. We fished shallow, we fished 3-5 feet, we fished the creek channel. Zero Bites.

We fished the 515 East Bridge. Zero Bites.

We went down South of the 515 Bridge towards the 154 and went up into a cove on the East Side midway down to boat Lane. Awesome and I mean awesome territory. Places we catch fish every year. Zero Bites.

I did not see one bass caught by anyone. I saw that one Crappie caught in Birch Creek and that's it.

Dad and I have not been skunked like this in a very long time. ZERO BITES...ZERO!

I have to work 9 of the next 10 days. My next batch of days off the forecast is calling for highs in the low 50's and lows in the 30's. So much for Spring.

Clocks Spring forward tonight.

Hope someone was able to find some because we sure didn't.

Best of luck.
Posted By: DavisGuideService

Re: Spring break - 03/13/16 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: HOGON
We fished Fork today. Fished all the way up North on the west side of the lake all the way up by the power lines. Zero Bites. The territory looked right but zero fish, zero bites.

Fished Birch Creek and Coves Close to Birch Creek. 1 Bite a GAR.
Saw one 10 inch Crappie caught on another boat. It was the only fish I saw anyone catch all day.

Loaded up went to the East Side of the lake. Went all the way up North fished the Running Creek Bridge. Zero Bites. Fished the cove of Running Creek again the territory looked awesome (Hydrilla, Clumps of Grass, Bushes, Totally Calm Water) Zero Bites. We had jigs. We had Minnows. We fished shallow, we fished 3-5 feet, we fished the creek channel. Zero Bites.

We fished the 515 East Bridge. Zero Bites.

We went down South of the 515 Bridge towards the 154 and went up into a cove on the East Side midway down to boat Lane. Awesome and I mean awesome territory. Places we catch fish every year. Zero Bites.

I did not see one bass caught by anyone. I saw that one Crappie caught in Birch Creek and that's it.

Dad and I have not been skunked like this in a very long time. ZERO BITES...ZERO!

I have to work 9 of the next 10 days. My next batch of days off the forecast is calling for highs in the low 50's and lows in the 30's. So much for Spring.

Clocks Spring forward tonight.

Hope someone was able to find some because we sure didn't.

Best of luck.

Tough day, I can relate my friend I've had a few of them days this year.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Spring break - 03/13/16 03:19 AM

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/tx/nwis/uv/?site_no=08018800&PARAmeter_cd=00062,72020,00054
when they'r letting water out like this it's tuff fishing...
at least for me..
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum