Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine Ramps

Posted By: tboxfish

Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 04:34 PM

Any going to be open this weekend????? noidea
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 05:37 PM

Might be tough Todd. Getting close to 5' over pool. Good thing about Palestine is it usually drops pretty quick with the overflow dam. Hopefully things will stabilize a little by next week. Bad weekend for all the spring breakers!!!!
Posted By: Eric

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 05:43 PM

Todd, Kickapoo really roaring by me.I am sure Palestine will be going up before it goes down. Creek is usually about 8 ' wide . It is now 800' wide .Looks like Chocolate milk.

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Eric
Todd, Kickapoo really roaring by me.I am sure Palestine will be going up before it goes down. Creek is usually about 8 ' wide . It is now 800' wide .Looks like Chocolate milk.

Great!!!!!!
Posted By: Stucky76

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 05:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Beltonbanger®

Great!!!!!!

roflmao

Y'all boys have fun. Dub and I are sitting this one out. bolt
Posted By: KidKrappie

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 05:57 PM

I saw a pic yesterday that showed the lake looking like a mud hole and pretty high.

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 05:59 PM

Just got a text from Jason Burton - Palestine is a "No-Go"!!!!
Looks like I'll be saving some petro and fishing here fish
Posted By: Chris H2Os

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 06:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Stucky76

Great!!!!!!

roflmao

If you stay at Lake Palestine Resort you can fish from your room. No need to take the boat.

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 06:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris H2Os
Originally Posted By: Stucky76

Great!!!!!!

roflmao

If you stay at Lake Palestine Resort you can fish from your room. No need to take the boat.

You can fish from the 2nd story landing roflmao roflmao

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 06:12 PM

HEY............Paul and George are floating out there!!!!
Posted By: Chris H2Os

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 06:17 PM

and catching big slabs like they always do....

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 06:36 PM

..........just heard from George!!! They put in at Tawakoni and came down!!!!!!!!!! stir fish
Posted By: Mo

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 06:45 PM

Dock shooting will not be an option for awhile.

Mo
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 06:52 PM

Hopefully the store didn't get water in it but looks like it might have. Was up to the bottom of the door at the store and the cabins yesterday afternoon and it's came up a foot since then. Might take the duckboat out somewhere tomorrow and play in the mud.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 07:32 PM

And CATCHIN!
Posted By: Jason Burton Guide Service

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 10:11 PM

I was able to launch at the private ramp across the cove from Palestine resort this afternoon. All the other ramps are closed as of now. The lake is pretty stained from the 155 South and muddy the farther north you go. Good luck guys
Posted By: shut-up-and-fish

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 11:39 PM

Pull the plug Jason and clean it all up. We are coming over next week Friday....
Posted By: Jacob

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/11/16 11:57 PM

A nice gravel flat like that ought to hold a couple crappie. I know there are some deep beds right there. Ask my tires! grin
Posted By: Ken Gaby

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/12/16 03:58 PM

CAT Board has been monitoring the situation closely. The lake has fallen 7.5" since Fri at 6am. With no rain in the forecast thru Wed, the lake should drop another 2+ ft by this weekend. The CAT tournament is on for Saturday March 19. See you boys out there.
Posted By: SLABXPRESS

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/12/16 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Ken Gaby
CAT Board has been monitoring the situation closely. The lake has fallen 7.5" since Fri at 6am. With no rain in the forecast thru Wed, the lake should drop another 2+ ft by this weekend. The CAT tournament is on for Saturday March 19. See you boys out there.

Based on current release rates, the lake should only be about 2' high by next week's CAT tourney. That's "doable". Just hope Lake Palestine Resort is back in shape by then. Gonna be an interesting tourney with falling lake levels and a muddy north end.
Posted By: Slewfoot

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/12/16 11:40 PM

Ramps will be good by next weekend!! You can lunch now if you really want to and the ramps not barricaded thumb
Posted By: JayDon

Re: Palestine Ramps - 03/14/16 03:40 PM

Just talked to the owner of Lake Palestine Resort. They are launching boats at their ramps this morning. By tomorrow, he thinks the lake will be back down below the retaining walls. Should be no problems for the tournament this coming weekend.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum