Texas Fishing Forum

fishing in the rain

Posted By: truthpro

fishing in the rain - 03/09/16 02:53 PM

Any of you out there ever go fishing when it's raining and have much success? I was thinking about throwing on a rainsuit and going to try my luck. I'll leave if it starts lightning again but if it's just rain I don't mind. I'm also wearing some waterproof boots.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: fishing in the rain - 03/09/16 02:57 PM

Fished many a day in the rain and have caught lots of fish. hooked If it is not storming and just rain you should be alright. coolio If the area is full of storms pay close attention to their exact location and movement. hmmm Try fishing in between storms. juggle In other words I would not be on the water during a storm. thumb
Posted By: crapicat

Re: fishing in the rain - 03/09/16 03:24 PM

I agree with banker...just REMEMBER you are holding a lightning rod in your hand! I love fishing/hunting in the rain...not heavy downpours, just light or steady (slow soaker) type rains...just check the Barometric Pressure and if it is decent and relatively steady, expect to catch fish like any other day.

But that first sound of thunder or that first flash of lightning...GTHO of there...FAST...sometimes I fish close to a launch, under a bridge, or in a creek, so I can get OFF the boat pretty quickly if a storm comes up on me too fast...then I can just get to solid ground, find shelter, and wait out the storm...take extra snacks/food/drinks, dry/warm clothes and flashlights during such events...I have had to stay out extended periods of time before....and Yes, I do tend to be a bit extreme with rain...wind though...no thanks...been there, done that...too many times and not really worth the effort/risk involved.

Hope this information helps...And WELCOME to the Forum!
Posted By: charlief1

Re: fishing in the rain - 03/09/16 05:02 PM

Fis become active to some degree during a light to medium rain. The rain will knock bugs out of the air and off tree limbs and the fish will take advantage of it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum