Texas Fishing Forum

Granger 03-05-2016 Report and rant.

Posted By: SaltyDawg88

Granger 03-05-2016 Report and rant. - 03/06/16 04:18 PM

I decided to have a nice quiet evening on the lake by myself. All the usual suspects were busy today anyway. It was too pretty to not get out and I figured the rain this week might mess up the rest of the spring fishing.

I got out to "Doppler Cove" at 1715. I got everything ready to fish and was cooking myself 2 burgers by 1800. Once the sunset I started fishing. It was a slow but steady evening. First 4 fish were keepers. Then a dink and another 4 keepers. I finished the night with a limit and only brought home 10. I gave the other 15 to a family that had not caught anything that was fishing at the ramp as I felt sorry for them. I probably only caught a total of 40 or so fish so the keepers were there. Now, after cleaning the fish the bad news is they were mostly all males. The few females that were in the bunch had very little eggs in them.

Now time for a rant. I have a new bain of my existence.

BOW FISHERMAN!

I was enjoying the nice peaceful quiet evening on the lake till two of these A-holes came by. NO courtesy at all. They were blaring a stereo and blinding everyone on the way. One of them came within 5 yards of me fishing. I could have poked them with my rod had I wanted to. It took everything I had to not rip them a new A$$hole. Had there not been kids around I would have. They could have and should have turned all the lights and stereos off and went past us all crappie fishing and then they could have proceeded. Like I said, No consideration of others!

Another thing! What the hell is up with the battling radios on the boats now days. I was between two boats playing their radios way too loud. One was playing some country music so old they were playing it on a phonograph. The other was playing Sappy love music from the 70's-80's. It was a nightmare! For god sake enjoy the peace and quiet. Listen to the awesome songs of nature. Don't force your music on everyone else.

Who else made it out? How did ya'll do?
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Granger 03-05-2016 Report and rant. - 03/06/16 07:39 PM

Glad to hear ya guys catching them down yonder, I haven't been there in a while
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum