Texas Fishing Forum

Crappie in Kickapoo Creek??? (Lake Palestine)

Posted By: milton1allen

Crappie in Kickapoo Creek??? (Lake Palestine) - 03/04/16 05:33 PM

I am new to crappie fishing and have a question... Has anyone fished for crappie around the Hwy 31 Bridge pilings west of Chandler where the Kickapoo crosses under. I know lots of people fish for sandbass there, but I would like to catch some crappie. If anyone has had good luck there please advise me as to what time of year is best to catch them. I have heard people say you can catch crappie in the Neches river above 31 bridge in November and December. Any information would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks...
Posted By: MikeAllison

Re: Crappie in Kickapoo Creek??? (Lake Palestine) - 03/07/16 01:33 AM

I avoid Hwy 31 at the Neches, too crowded for me. I caught one crappie today and about 15 sand bass in two hours on the Neches north or that location and didn't see one person. In my limited crappie experience on the river I look for the water with little or no current for crappie. This is a good time to go because even if you don't catch any crappie you will catch some white bass.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Crappie in Kickapoo Creek??? (Lake Palestine) - 03/07/16 02:11 AM

As Roachie...He can probably fill you in...just don't ask where his big fish holes are...cause he might get real quiet....I know I would....
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Crappie in Kickapoo Creek??? (Lake Palestine) - 03/07/16 02:19 AM

I spent 3 hours with Pepop for 1 fish each. Learned where not to fish.

Quit wishin and go fishin.

I have heard of limits coming from north of 31 on kickapoo.

Just go.
Posted By: crapicat

Re: Crappie in Kickapoo Creek??? (Lake Palestine) - 03/07/16 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By: MrRoachie
I spent 3 hours with Pepop for 1 fish each. Learned where not to fish.

Quit wishin and go fishin.

I have heard of limits coming from north of 31 on kickapoo.

Just go.

Say Roachie...WHO was manning the trolling motor? AT least y'all didn't get skunked! Personally, I REALLY hate that smell...Next time you see Vernon, tell him I said hello and that I really like those blue/white jigs he made up for me...

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum