Texas Fishing Forum

How can you tell when the spawn is near?

Posted By: TexExp

How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 02/29/16 07:23 PM

By walking into Academy and seeing all the folks hanging around the crappie section. LOL cool
Posted By: fe1

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 02/29/16 08:22 PM

When water temp gets around 60* and trees start budding.
Posted By: HooknSlabs35

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 02/29/16 08:34 PM

roflmao Isn't that the truth!
Posted By: Mo

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 02/29/16 11:11 PM

Around Tyler , when the shelves get picked clean of small chartreuse roadrunners
with hot orange heads, you know the sandbass run is on at hiway 31 and the Neches River.

Mo
Posted By: crapicat

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/01/16 05:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Mo
Around Tyler , when the shelves get picked clean of small chartreuse roadrunners
with hot orange heads, you know the sandbass run is on at hiway 31 and the Neches River.

Mo

I was at Academy last week and noticed the crappie jig section was almost bare...I didn't need anything (understatement) but it was a good thing....Basically, I prefer to purchase my stuff from crappie fisherman/business owners that are locally based (especially those that participate in this forum)...so here is a shout out to Tbox, Laner, Jerry T, Tim White, Vernon and a few others that shall remain nameless (lol) Thanks again, guys.

PS...I also like to occasionally hire guide based businesses such as Big Crappie, Cody Standefer, Chris Waters and a few others...Earnest did you give up guiding? An there are several that I am looking forward to fishing with one day, such as Leaning Post, Ezzell, KoobyCrappie and a few others...

I never tire of learning new tactics to catch crappie, nor new speeds required to get to the fishing hole(right Cris!), and really want to be able to fish with some of the true veterans/masters of our craft ...The Crappie Guy and DW Moore, because I have truly enjoyed fishing with Ernest, Dutch, Jigum, Ronnie Robrets and a few others who shall remain nameless (you know who you are)...Anyway I am getting off topic, but hopefully, by now you get the picture...Real People, Real Products, Real Good for everyone...At the end of the day, the quality of the fish pales in comparison to the quality of the products they produce and/or the quality experience they provide!
Posted By: sandbasscamp

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/01/16 12:05 PM

When u see ski boats tieing up to stumps.
Posted By: Jig Man

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/01/16 01:11 PM

Bluebonnets...
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/01/16 01:20 PM

When those little white flowers start to blanket the lawn!!
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/01/16 01:24 PM

When those little white flowers start to blanket the lawn!!
Posted By: BlueNitro

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/01/16 02:17 PM

When I walk into a store and get slapped upside the head by the wife for starring at the young ladies wearing the short skirts and short shorts.

I really need to remember when I take her with me.
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/01/16 03:20 PM

When you notice that two thirds of the boats on the water bear Missouri registration...it's on.
Posted By: Grainraiser

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/01/16 03:41 PM

When I have to wait in line at the bait shop you know it's on.

Reggie
Posted By: KBW

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/01/16 05:07 PM

Dogwood bloom is a good indicator.
Posted By: Tommy Ezell

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/01/16 06:47 PM

When the forum gets quite. sarcastic

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/01/16 11:24 PM

Originally Posted By: crapicat
Originally Posted By: Mo

Mo

I was at Academy last week and noticed the crappie jig section was almost bare...I didn't need anything (understatement) but it was a good thing....Basically, I prefer to purchase my stuff from crappie fisherman/business owners that are locally based (especially those that participate in this forum)...so here is a shout out to Tbox, Laner, Jerry T, Tim White, Vernon and a few others that shall remain nameless (lol) Thanks again, guys.

PS...I also like to occasionally hire guide based businesses such as Big Crappie, Cody Standefer, Chris Waters and a few others...Earnest did you give up guiding? An there are several that I am looking forward to fishing with one day, such as Leaning Post, Ezzell, KoobyCrappie and a few others...

I never tire of learning new tactics to catch crappie, nor new speeds required to get to the fishing hole(right Cris!), and really want to be able to fish with some of the true veterans/masters of our craft ...The Crappie Guy and DW Moore, because I have truly enjoyed fishing with Ernest, Dutch, Jigum, Ronnie Robrets and a few others who shall remain nameless (you know who you are)...Anyway I am getting off topic, but hopefully, by now you get the picture...Real People, Real Products, Real Good for everyone...At the end of the day, the quality of the fish pales in comparison to the quality of the products they produce and/or the quality experience they provide!

Deleted the last paragraph by accident the other night...Basically, I commented that i could tell the spawn is near when I don't see many comments or posts from the aforementioned manufacturers, service providers, or fishermen...too busy providing products and services...and tooo tireeed to post!
Posted By: bush hog

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/02/16 01:33 AM

When the wifey gets a twinkle in her eye and a little spring in her step. banana
Posted By: formula462

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/02/16 01:44 AM

When you see a certain group of people walking single file to the creeks with cast nets over their shoulders
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/02/16 01:46 AM

daylight savings is a reality,.. fish

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/02/16 02:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Tommy Ezell
When the forum gets quite. sarcastic

cool Pic...Ezell...
Posted By: tboxfish

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/02/16 01:57 PM

When the BIG MALES sink your cork and then blow up like you got a gator on your line banana

And the BIG GALS are on laydowns in 12' of water

When all this comes into play, you know it's about to get REAL!!!

Good luck everybody
thumb

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/03/16 02:52 AM

Originally Posted By: tboxfish
When the BIG MALES sink your cork and then blow up like you got a gator on your line banana

And the BIG GALS are on laydowns in 12' of water

When all this comes into play, you know it's about to get REAL!!!

Good luck everybody
thumb

WTG Tbox...fun report...that is a visual CLUE! Nice Fish,,,
Posted By: Bigskippy

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/03/16 03:22 AM

When the Bradford Pears are all white
Posted By: TEXAS TWO GUNS

Re: How can you tell when the spawn is near? - 03/07/16 04:06 PM

Found a few black crappie up shallow, nothing concentrated yet. I figure their getting
ready real soon.

I was using Minnows and picked up one on a road runner after I broke off and didn't
want to re-tie. Interesting day to say the least, we caught catfish, crappie, bass
and big perch on the same stretch of shore, sometimes in the same hole.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum