Texas Fishing Forum

Belton Crappie Report

Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Belton Crappie Report - 02/29/16 06:52 PM

Bass fished for the majority of the day yesterday, but did pull out the crappie jig for around 2 hours yesterday evening. Caught 20-25, mostly small males, but a few really nice ones 8-12 feet of water on brush/hardwoods in traditional staging areas. I did try some shallow brush but didn't catch anything but bass. Water temp was 58-61 degrees, stained. They are about to make the move though, I'd say another week and it will be worthwhile to go shallow and stay shallow.
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Belton Crappie Report - 02/29/16 08:15 PM

Took a ride to the 36 bridge yesterday and never saw a fish. Couple folks said they "heard" they were biting, but they had nothing. One guy told me he thought a guy on the other side of Leona cove had 1! Stopped by a neighbor who went to the log jam. He had 2 and 8 whites. Guess if you just had to make a move that would be an option.
Posted By: Beltonbanger�

Re: Belton Crappie Report - 02/29/16 08:16 PM

Oh.....and the rest of the parks open tomorrow. Leona had several open parking spots and that is the only place to launch close to the bridge.
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: Belton Crappie Report - 02/29/16 11:09 PM

With the weather, it's going to happen by this weekend, if not earlier. They are holding on the last place they can stage before actually moving shallow.
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Belton Crappie Report - 03/01/16 02:42 AM

Pillars 6-7 from cove of boat ramp side off sand bar 15-20fow they are holding there so its going to happen! SOON!
Posted By: crope1

Re: Belton Crappie Report - 03/01/16 08:08 AM

sounds like some good info being shared!
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: Belton Crappie Report - 03/01/16 03:45 PM

Lots of folks out at Leona this past Friday afternoon, parking lot had around 18 vehicles, half with boat trailers. Didn't see anyone catching, nor hear of anyone catching.

Good thing, cause it was a busy weekend bang

Getting close
Posted By: Ruffneck2000

Re: Belton Crappie Report - 03/03/16 06:09 AM

Well Belton still slow but Stillhouse woke up this morning I hear from a bud who walk around the cove at cedar gap got 14 in hour and a half he said, only txt me a pic of one nice slab tho lmao!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum